Ralph is mad that the Bills are losing

I love how you guys make fun of the South. I live in Atlanta, was born in Buffalo and raised in a very Italian/Northern atmospere.

A. The south and in particular the SEC has the best talent in the country. If you arguee that you are just being silly. There is nothing wrong with drafting guys from the south, just got to pick the right ones!

B. Nix and Gailey do work well together, but it seems Gailey does not work well with Wanny.

C. Nix worked in San Diego for years, to call him a country bumpkin or anything else is also silly. I wonder what you were saying about him back in March?

Ralph should be angry so should we all. I think a vast majority of us thought this year would be different due to talent upgrades. No not a Super Bowl year, but also not another 6-10 year. The problem is coaching. Talent is here, that is my only hope maybe we can get a good coach. He will demand the Bills make a trade to draft at least one of the top 2 qb's coming out. Then sign on the dotted line. Oh i can dream!

Hey ATL1975, you & I share the exact same background/demographic to a "T" - sounds like we need to get together down in the ATL. Shoot me a PM when you have a chance, or vice-versa.....

BTW, I agree with all your points. Nothing happens until/unless new ownership and/or new waterfront stadium.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and i can tell you that no one that is 94 is good at anything

maybe there is some semblance of awareness behind those foggy eyes, but c'mon

no one in their 90s has been at the pinnacle of anything

if a 60yo ralph was a bad decision maker, a 94yo ralph is inherently much much worse

but keep on with it brah! first hand knowledge lol - 94 and smart as a whip!

This is beyond ignorrant.

I have family members in their 90s that are not only perfectly aware of their situations, but get confused for being in their 60s and 70s.

Again, you don't have to like what I'm telling you, but being belligerent about it is just rude and stupid.

and i can tell you that no one that is 94 is good at anything

if a 60yo ralph was a bad decision maker, a 94yo ralph is inherently much much worse

but keep on with it brah! first hand knowledge lol - 94 and smart as a whip!

Defending this dribble is futile. You're exposed as a sophomoric hack. And that's being kind!

Someone,who has obviously no life experience to make such claims.

Please carry on young mind. You're so interesting.

Who believes this?

5 pages....0 answers. Coincidence? Weo...Weo, for Pete's sake, asks the only relevant question 5-6 posts in, and instead we spend 5 pages on nonsense?

Darn, I clicked on this topic hoping to see another Hitler video......have any new ones come out recently?

You know? I half expected the same thing...given the level of discourse on this board recently.

ad hominem'd

Yes. It's far past time we started regulating things around here, because the quality that most of us are used to...ain't.

And, even given that, I disagree with some of what you posted.

The current question that confronts me: Do I have the interest, time, or tolerance to bother?

you have resorted multiple times to attacking me personally rather than the argument itself

ad hominem'd

i didn't even need to advance my point lol the situation is that obvious

Let's remember how our discussion began, shall we?

I simply corrected a misconception that you had, and you (shortly) responded with zero backing that you were correct. I reiterated that you were not, at which point you decided to question my integrity. I believe the exact wording was:

just because you imply that you have secret knowledge doesn't mean anything

it's the internet, lots of people do that

anyone that has seen wilson speak in the last couple years can use some common sense

Getting high-and-mighty about the style of discourse at this point seems...well...odd.

However, in an attempt to be civil, I responded once again with this:

I'm not implying anything secret at all. It can hardly be considered a secret if I'm flat-out telling you, so your statement confounds me.

As I said, you can choose to believe me or not. I have no reason to lie, as I have no vested interest in Wilson's mental state, other than having a level of humanitarian compassion for someone 94-years old.

You seem to be equating communicability with mental awareness, which is presumptive at best. As anyone who knows a stroke victim can tell you, they're not correlary. Just because he doesn't orate as well from a podium doesn't mean he doesn't know what's going on perfectly well.

I can tell you from first-hand knowledge of people that I trust that Wilson remains quite mentally aware, whether you want to believe it or not. His issue in running this team is the same as it has always been: poor decision making. It's not an issue of age or mental acuity; he's just not a good football-team evaluator.

If you're looking for the point at which things got dodgy, I believe it was this gem:

and i can tell you that no one that is 94 is good at anything - wow, really?

but keep on with it brah! first hand knowledge lol - 94 and smart as a whip! - clearly no personal tone there, right?

Lastly, I think this is the first time on this board that someone has used the "I didn't support my point" statement to try to strengthen their stance. It's an odd approach to say the least.

Anyway, this will likely be my last post on the topic, as I have nothing further to add. I've been clear about my statement(s) that your view of Wilson's current mental state is incorrect, and you (and everyone else) can either choose to believe that or not.

Moving on now...

Edited by thebandit27

It doesn't really matter whether Ralph is completely senile or sharp as a tack. Even when he was at the height of his powers, he was a demonstrably ineffective owner. And today - regardless of the truth about his physical/mental condition - he's PERCEIVED by the outside world as a doddering old man on death's door. That's why we really don't have a prayer of successfully replacing Nix or Gailey until there's new ownership.

It doesn't really matter whether Ralph is completely senile or sharp as a tack. Even when he was at the height of his powers, he was a demonstrably ineffective owner. And today - regardless of the truth about his physical/mental condition - he's PERCEIVED by the outside world as a doddering old man on death's door. That's why we really don't have a prayer of successfully replacing Nix or Gailey until there's new ownership.

The biggest joke is that this guy is in the NFL Hall of Fame....for what being old? He's hoodwinked fans for decades. Enough is enough. The Bills will never win under Ralph

I think you're half right--Wilson does make it difficult to get quality front office personnel in here. I disagree that it's because he's viewed as doddering; I think it's more because his general level of competence as an effective owner has been historically bad.

The biggest joke is that this guy is in the NFL Hall of Fame....for what being old? He's hoodwinked fans for decades. Enough is enough. The Bills will never win under Ralph

That's easy: for being instrumental from saving the AFL from folding many years ago.

"ad hominem'd"?

I think the elusive search for MDP has ended.

you have resorted multiple times to attacking me personally rather than the argument itself

ad hominem'd

i didn't even need to advance my point lol the situation is that obvious

I think you're half right--Wilson does make it difficult to get quality front office personnel in here. I disagree that it's because he's viewed as doddering; I think it's more because his general level of competence as an effective owner has been historically bad.

I'm with you; I'd attribute the phenomenon primarily to the uncertainty caused by his age and perceived health, and secondarily to his historical lack of effectiveness. His mental state probably isn't that big of an issue, except as it ties nto his general health and likely lack of longevity.

it is not ageist to suggest a man that is in his 90s has diminished abilities

it's more like saying water is wet

idk how you can even try to argue that his mental acuity has not declined to some extend over the last 30 years

you need to brush up on your debate skills

it is not ageist to suggest a man that is in his 90s has diminished abilities

it's more like saying water is wet

idk how you can even try to argue that his mental acuity has not declined to some extend over the last 30 years

you need to brush up on your debate skills

And had you simply implied "diminished skills" we might be having a different conversation.

That's not the same as saying that people in their 90s can't possibly be good at anything...

Perhaps you need to do some brushing up...

good is a relative quantifier

compared to people at the peak of their ability a man in his 90s is not good at a given task

compared to other owners in the league Ralph is not good

pretty straightforward stuff anyway you slice it

by the way your "last post" on the matter was several posts ago

self'd yet again

I actually said it would "likely" be my last post, as the current topic left me with nothing to add.

I revisited the conversation because I had dialogue with someone other than you.

Hope that's ok with you.

I'm with you; I'd attribute the phenomenon primarily to the uncertainty caused by his age and perceived health, and secondarily to his historical lack of effectiveness. His mental state probably isn't that big of an issue, except as it ties nto his general health and likely lack of longevity.

Pretty much

This is beyond ignorrant.

I have family members in their 90s that are not only perfectly aware of their situations, but get confused for being in their 60s and 70s.

Again, you don't have to like what I'm telling you, but being belligerent about it is just rude and stupid.

Yep. I know someone who is 93, swims everyday, gives lectures on law, and writes published papers. People love to embellish.