"Religion of Peace" Strikes Again

Moose

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know what 'religion of peace' Hitler ascribed to?

Please guess which one. When you figure it out, think about what you're saying and see if you would blame Hitler's tactics and beliefs on that religion.

There are plenty of nasty fighting words in the Bible. There's a lot of good in it, too. Islam is not perfect, just like any organized religion. The problem is when anyone decides their religion is worth dying and killing for, and believes fundamentally in every word, rather than applying the words to a world that we know so much more about than we ever did when they were written. Islam is not an isolated case of this. Please read your history books before making another ignorant statement like this.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Nice people, these...

Why does anyone still not understand what this "religion" is all about? [Hint: It aint PEACE!]

14143[/snapback]

That rhetoric will not get us ANYWHERE, believe me. This has NOTHING to do with religion... it's about power, as I say over and over again...

Please guess which one.  When you figure it out, think about what you're saying and see if you would blame Hitler's tactics and beliefs on that religion.

There are plenty of nasty fighting words in the Bible.  There's a lot of good in it, too.  Islam is not perfect, just like any organized religion.  The problem is when anyone decides their religion is worth dying and killing for, and believes fundamentally in every word, rather than applying the words to a world that we know so much more about than we ever did when they were written.  Islam is not an isolated case of this.  Please read your history books before making another ignorant statement like this.

14169[/snapback]

Your supposed analogy misses on every possible count. Please read the Koran and Hadiths (sans any commentary) before making another ignorant statement like this.

Please guess which one.  When you figure it out, think about what you're saying and see if you would blame Hitler's tactics and beliefs on that religion.

There are plenty of nasty fighting words in the Bible.  There's a lot of good in it, too.  Islam is not perfect, just like any organized religion.  The problem is when anyone decides their religion is worth dying and killing for, and believes fundamentally in every word, rather than applying the words to a world that we know so much more about than we ever did when they were written.  Islam is not an isolated case of this.  Please read your history books before making another ignorant statement like this.

14169[/snapback]

Actually, if you knew ANYTHING about Nazi history, you'd know that Hitler was ANYTHING but a christian. He believed in Paganism.

So try again, Hero. Islam is a wicked, vile and revolting religion that promotes the enslavement of women and the murder of innocents.

Actually, if you knew ANYTHING about Nazi history, you'd know that Hitler was ANYTHING but a christian. He believed in Paganism.

So try again, Hero. Islam is a wicked, vile and revolting religion that promotes the enslavement of women and the murder of innocents.

14282[/snapback]

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."  -- Adolf Hitler

And the Hitler example is beside the point. The point that just about every religion has engaged in hateful activity is not, nor is the notion that fundamentalism of any kind can inspire and justify the worst of deeds including slavery (in the Bible, must be OK), and I could go on forever, but it would not get through to you anyway.

You need look no further than the Christian Crusades for an example -- one that still inspires hatred in many Muslims. It cannot be overstated how many innocents were killed for this terrible cause.

The rest of your post is so far off base that I'm not even going to bother.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

14282[/snapback]

You are right; Hitler was an occultist! He oppressed the churches in his reign of terror all right... bad example. :unsure:

Islam is NOT a wicked, vile, and revolting religion. You just don't understand it, and that is why a lot of Americans are ignorant on the subject. I can cite SO MANY examples of atrocities and foul deeds committed in the name of Christianity that are on par with the RADICAL FUNDAMENTALIST Islamic people. You confuse the extremists with the REAL Islam. I saw an interview today with a Muslim man in France saying that the Muslims in Iraq that are hostage takers are criminals and are NOT true Muslims. He is RIGHT! These guys are scum who use religion to bond with other scum for a common cause. Simple.

That rhetoric will not get us ANYWHERE, believe me. This has NOTHING to do with religion... it's about power, as I say over and over again...

14171[/snapback]

I hate to say this but you are right.However its time the the real Muslims stad up and be counted , because right now its guilt by association and they have done nothing to disspell this theory.

Its like the Kerry issue , its not about what he did or didnt do in combat , its about right he did and said about veterans upon his return

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
I hate to say this but you are right.However its time the the real Muslims stad up and be counted , because right now its guilt by association and they have done nothing to disspell this theory.

Its like the Kerry issue , its not about what he did or didnt do in combat , its about right he did and said about veterans upon his return

14347[/snapback]

Well THAT'S THE PROBLEM!!! The moderate and liberal Muslims NEVER, EVER speak out, because they are afraid of the violence. Stand up and be counted... excellent way of putting it.

Speaking of Hitler, if the good people of Germany and Austria had stood together and swamped the Nazis before they engulfed the world, then he would have been just another radical put down by reason. Unfortunately, the violence and threats from Hitler and his goons kept them in line, and out of fear, they did nothing. Funny how things remain the same. Iran has that problem... damn Islamic Revolution!

You need look no further than the Christian Crusades for an example -- one that still inspires hatred in many Muslims.  It cannot be overstated how many innocents were killed for this terrible cause.

14295[/snapback]

Wow, talk about rhetoric! You spew it left and right.

Oh, and if it weren't for the Crusades, we'd all be muslims still living in the Middle Ages. (Being a woman, that's not something I would appreciate in the least.)

The non-PC History of the Crusades

P.S. What doesn't piss off muslims? Ban head scarves, they'll kill you. Diss Mohammed (piss be upon him), they'll kill you. Arrest and jail one of their murderous brothers, they'll kill you. Have the nerve to be a breathing Jew, they'll kill you. Write a book or give a speech critical of Islam, they'll kill you. Do you see any pattern here?

Well THAT'S THE PROBLEM!!! The moderate and liberal Muslims NEVER, EVER speak out, because they are afraid of the violence. Stand up and be counted... excellent way of putting it.

Speaking of Hitler, if the good people of Germany and Austria had stood together and swamped the Nazis before they engulfed the world, then he would have been just another radical put down by reason. Unfortunately, the violence and threats from Hitler and his goons kept them in line, and out of fear, they did nothing. Funny how things remain the same. Iran has that problem... damn Islamic Revolution!

14354[/snapback]

Well I guess I was to nice to to a moronic liberal.What I said was if the dont voice thier opposition to the Islamic radicals most people will include them in the group of radicals .Idid not asay they have to fight them .Besides you wouldnt know anyting about fighting as you never had any combat experience and most likely no military experience.Here is to you and yours :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Huh? What exactly was debunked and how?

The idea that the war and the Bush administration's policies are just FUELING the influx of terrorists and that appeasement, like what France, Russia and Germany subscribed to will work to quell terrorism and Islamic Fascism.

`Putting immanent causation of this event on the religion of Islam is a mistake; the Muslims that took this action weren’t motivated to do so solely by the Islamic religion. They didn’t, in a vacuum, wake up and decide to take hostages, with no other reasoning but the teachings of Islam. Just as members of the IRA didn’t wake up one morning and decide to commit acts of terror against the British, based on solely on the Catholic faith. There were, and are, a lot more factors in the actions of both of these groups. If you are going to make the argument that Islam is a violent religion based on the despicable (and inexcusable) actions of a few; then you must make the same statement about Catholicism.

The atrocities committed by the IRA didn’t lead me to believe that Catholicism is “not a peaceful religion”, nor should the act of Islamic terrorists lead anyone to a similar conclusion about the Islamic faith.

The idea that the war and the Bush administration's policies are just FUELING the influx of terrorists and that appeasement, like what France, Russia and Germany subscribed to will work to quell terrorism and Islamic Fascism.

14560[/snapback]

I don't think anyone argued that there would be no terrorism whatsoever if Iraq was not invaded. As other posters are pointing out, Chechnya is unrelated to Iraq and what happened with Iraq was unlikely to have much effect as regards that problem.