Are Nix & Co. losing on purpose?

Stan da Man

They are a year Late, guys like Luck come around ounce in a lifetime.

:rolleyes:

OMG, this crazy love affair with Andy Luck is STILL going on? You do realize his stats are fairly pedestrian, yes? (Weeden's are better.)

Guys like Luck come around regularly, usually every draft. Best to wait for him to actually accomplish something in the NFL, before carving his HOF bust.

Meanwhile, luck may still come to the Bills - in the form of USC's Matt Barkley! I've aways liked Barkley WAY more than Luck - and the Bills, if they keep finding ways to lose games they should have won, just may have a shot at Barkley come April.

Barkley torched Colorado for 6 TDs last week, setting a new PAC-12 record for passing TDs in the process (102) with 5 games remaining.

(Andy threw a mere 82 TDs in his Stanford career.)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixed it

yep we need another one of those too! To replace A. Williams.

PS i will be disappointed if we lose Chan because of Wannstadts inept play.

And dont worry we will screw up our draft position, because we will win more games .

But we still had best get a young qb behind Fitz. Whether we trade up, down, or over.

We took the risk throwing everything at the defense and not the QB and it turned out wrong. Okay regroup and go for the QB.

There might be one already in the NFL we could wheel and deal for, right?

yep we need another one of those too! To replace A. Williams.

PS i will be disappointed if we lose Chan because of Wannstadts inept play.

And dont worry we will screw up our draft position, because we will win more games .

But we still had best get a young qb behind Fitz. Whether we trade up, down, or over.

We took the risk throwing everything at the defense and not the QB and it turned out wrong. Okay regroup and go for the QB.

There might be one already in the NFL we could wheel and deal for, right?

We didn't throw "everything" at the defense. We signed 2 free agent DE's (thats it), and drafted 2 corners. Other defensive draft picks were cut. One corner has beenout the whole regular season so far (Harris), and yet they keep playing Nix's other defensive draft busts (Dareus isn't included yet) on D.

Or, resign slugs whose expiration date was up 3 years ago (Merriman).

Or they have holdovers from previous regimes which are barely adequate at best.

We got zero linebacker help. Which was a huge need.

How does this end up throwing everything at the defense? We have nothing even close to the proverbial "shutdown" corner on the roster. Our safety's are somewhere between barely adequate and flat out sucking.

We didn't throw "everything" at the defense. We signed 2 free agent DE's (thats it), and drafted 2 corners. Other defensive draft picks were cut. One corner has beenout the whole regular season so far (Harris), and yet they keep playing Nix's other defensive draft busts (Dareus isn't included yet) on D.

Or, resign slugs whose expiration date was up 3 years ago (Merriman).

Or they have holdovers from previous regimes which are barely adequate at best.

We got zero linebacker help. Which was a huge need.

How does this end up throwing everything at the defense? We have nothing even close to the proverbial "shutdown" corner on the roster. Our safety's are somewhere between barely adequate and flat out sucking.

yes they did. over the regime they have bulked up defensively. Look at the team man!

Byrd is a very good to excellent player and Wilson is having a bad year. Thats the previous draft and free agency pick ups.

Searcy, Howell A Williams,J Rogers, R Brooks White Sheppard Moats Bradham Barnett Morrison. Merriman Anderson Dareus M Williams Moore Carrington. Thats not including released players brought in or drafted. and i am sure i forgot some.

All Nix. oh and Wannstadt

Total makeover brother.

And as for flat out sucking, i cannot agree with that at all. bad situation but not sucky players.

Allow me to rephrase for your delicate judgement. We put a heck of a lot of emphasis on the defense the last 3 years.

sound better?

This last draft which i consider the best one we started to balance it out with Glenn and Graham Sanders

who's Harris?

yes they did. over the regime they have bulked up defensively. Look at the team man!

Byrd is a very good to excellent player and Wilson is having a bad year. Thats the previous draft and free agency pick ups.

Searcy, Howell A Williams,J Rogers, R Brooks White Sheppard Moats Bradham Barnett Morrison. Merriman Anderson Dareus M Williams Moore Carrington. Thats not including released players brought in or drafted. and i am sure i forgot some.

All Nix. oh and Wannstadt

Total makeover brother.

And as for flat out sucking, i cannot agree with that at all. bad situation but not sucky players.

Allow me to rephrase for your delicate judgement. We put a heck of a lot of emphasis on the defense the last 3 years.

sound better?

This last draft which i consider the best one we started to balance it out with Glenn and Graham Sanders

who's Harris?

I disagree with your assessment of the players mentioned. Some by a lot, some by a little (how can you even mention A. Williams name) he's not a NFL player outside of B-Lo? Morrison? He's been inactive for just shy a half a season, he sucks. Bulking up, IMO means more than getting bigger, wider, heavier players. None of those guys are on the brink of breaking out, not one.Brooks is my biggest hope and he's never taken a regular season snap (I typed in Harris in error). Gilmore gets a rookie pass. G. Wilson sucks and is having more than a "bad" year. He's done IMO.He never dominated anyways. It was just an illusion when he replaced Lil Donte, he just isn't anything better than serviceable. Just like Donte was.

Maybe some of these players will thrive when they finally get coached (next year?). It just looks like a lot of nobody's. Nowhere in the defensive unit besides Kyle (maybe Byrd if he starts to play like he can) is there a potential pro bowler. Man that is sad.

yep we are in rough shape.

I am a Brooks Gilmore fan and i had hopes that Aaron would " get it " by now. You might be right about Wilson, and he is getting exposed. He has looked lost a couple times.

Which leads me back to Wannstadt.

By my players list i was trying to say that Nix did put alot of effort to bulk up defense and i mean by having depth also.

It jusn't happening right now. Get ot of the booth and down on the field Dave!!! As the football Gods intending.

Calling the players out every play and remind them their jobs are on the line.

Just as his is right now. thanks bpa

OMG, this crazy love affair with Andy Luck is STILL going on? You do realize his stats are fairly pedestrian, yes? (Weeden's are better.)

Guys like Luck come around regularly, usually every draft. Best to wait for him to actually accomplish something in the NFL, before carving his HOF bust.

Meanwhile, luck may still come to the Bills - in the form of USC's Matt Barkley! I've aways liked Barkley WAY more than Luck - and the Bills, if they keep finding ways to lose games they should have won, just may have a shot at Barkley come April.

Barkley torched Colorado for 6 TDs last week, setting a new PAC-12 record for passing TDs in the process (102) with 5 games remaining.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

I dunno, everything I read on luck had him as the next John Elway. Haven't read that much hype since the last John Elway.

On Barkley:

His understanding of the USC offense is greatly under-appreciated. While he's not quite Andrew Luck, when breaking down Barkley it is clear he does so many of the "little" things well, like rolling either to his left or right and consistently firing accurate passes on the move or freezing the safeties by looking one direction and passing the other..

Some will knock his size, "average" arm strength or the fact that he has never faced SEC competition. While Barkley is a touch shorter than scouts would prefer, I've had numerous sources who saw him in person at the Manning Passing Academy tell me he showed greater zip than expected, though I'd like to see him improve his accuracy on the deep ball.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664140

NFLDRAFTSCOUT.com has Geno Smith as the #1 QB and Barkley going between #6 & # 12

ESPN also has Smith going before Barkley

NFL.com

Barkley entered the season as a potential top-five pick, but his stock has steadily declined due to questions about his height, athleticism and arm strength. Barkley simply lacks the blue-chip physical characteristics associated with most top draft choices, and I don't know if his superior football intellect can compensate for his deficiencies. Granted, other quarterbacks have been able to succeed without having the big arm or ideal physical dimensions, but most were not selected at the top of the first round. This will make it challenging for Barkley to retain a draft slot near the top. (Ben Liebenberg/NFL)

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap1000000083979/top-20-college-players-at-midseason#photo=1

Barkley sounds like a newer version of Fitz... :lol:

Another theory could be that Wannstedt could be purposely tanking the defense to get the HCing job... after all, Its so very difficult to believe someone with as much experience running a 4-3 could be this bad

Remember guys this is the DC of the Dallas Cowboys that beat the Bills 2x in the super bowl. Perhaps without Jimmy Johnson at HC this man is a nothing.

What he doesn't realize tho, is that after this season not only will he not have the HCing job, he will never be hired in the NFL again.

Nix wants to win as his job is on the line also. i think Tom Donahoe was fired for less wins 31-48, after 4 years.

Donahoe was fired due to alienating fan base (i.e the signs in stadium with staff instructed to prevent people from showing them when they referred to Donahoe). Levy was brought in for just that reason, People full of flatulence are not going to get him fired.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

You can't judge a quarterback solely on stats alone, otherwise you would have an argument that Fitz is at least an average NFL QB, and he clearly isn't. Watch Luck play, he had a bad game a week or so ago, but you can see he already "gets it", which Fitz doesn't. You base a rookie QB's career off of his first 6-7 games, then Peyton Manning wouldn't have lasted two seasons in the NFL, but he is actually going into Canton as one of the top 5 QBs ever.

Another theory could be that Wannstedt could be purposely tanking the defense to get the HCing job... after all, Its so very difficult to believe someone with as much experience running a 4-3 could be this bad

Remember guys this is the DC of the Dallas Cowboys that beat the Bills 2x in the super bowl. Perhaps without Jimmy Johnson at HC this man is a nothing.

What he doesn't realize tho, is that after this season not only will he not have the HCing job, he will never be hired in the NFL again.

Another useless theory, if Gailey goes, Wannstedt is going to go with him. He was the DC of those Cowboy teams for one of the Super Bowls against the Bills, in 1993 he was the Bears head coach. Wannstedy wouldn't have had much of a career at all without Jimmy Johnson. He brought him to Dallas with him from the U. of Miami, brought him to the Dolphins with him. Don't forget, Norv Turner was the OC for both of those Super Bowls against the Bills, and how he is still a head coach is beyond me. It was Johnson's team.