What was that S Williams pass back play?

VABills

Where in the world did the coaches dream that stupidity up?  I completely forgot about that play until I saw it mentioned here.  The playcalling and coaching yesterday was horrible.  WTF.

190258[/snapback]

:(

I bet he went the wrong direction, Drew turned to hand it off and he wasn't there. :doh:

I've watched that play about 15 times. I am pretty sure everyone went where they were suppose to. The breakdown came when Drew's pitch was a bit behind Williams. Williams should have been able to catch it still, but he is a very young guy, who seemingly was looking at the open field in front of him instead. He would have gotten the first down easily if he grabbed that pitch.

The play was the same misdirection play the Bills have run in each of the last seven or eight games. Everyone but a lead blocker and the running back go left. The lead blocker was a pulling left guard. the running back starts left and then cuts right. Bledsoe turns left to fake a handoff and pitches it right. The guard hits the one guy staying home and the back picks follows. McGahee has had a few big runs off this play. McGahee was out because of the shoulder stinger he had just had. I think if McGahee is in, we get the first down and who knows what happens from there. Just another one of the many "if only..." from this game.

When that play went off, the first thing that exploded in my head was "WHY would you run that play with Williams?" I've seen McGahee make it work, but Williams is so raw. If you're gonna run Williams, run him more conventionally. The game was too big to try a play like that with such a raw talent.

When that play went off, the first thing that exploded in my head was "WHY would you run that play with Williams?" I've seen McGahee make it work, but Williams is so raw. If you're gonna run Williams, run him more conventionally. The game was too big to try a play like that with such a raw talent.

190508[/snapback]

Or how about a quarterback who can run the play properly? The pass was so far behind him I don't fault Shaud at all.

:lol:

I bet he went the wrong direction, Drew turned to hand it off and he wasn't there. ;)

190265[/snapback]

That's the way it looked to me. Williams wasn't where Drew expected him to be. Luckily for us we have a QB who is able to improvise and make something out of nothing. In this case something was 6 yards less than nothing.

Damn, I'm still pi$$ed. :P

Or how about a quarterback who can run the play properly?  The pass was so far behind him I don't fault Shaud at all.

190593[/snapback]

It's isn't possible that Williams was moving the wrong direction. Since that was primarily a blind throw, it isn't possible that Williams was in the wrong place. Oh that's right, when everything that is wrong is Drew's fault it's hard to see anyone else doing anything wrong. It wasn't bad coaching to call that play in the first place?

Jeez when did Ice come back.