Andy Reid as Bills next head coach?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

139-91-1. 19 playoff games since 1999. That's 18 more than the Bills. Bring him on.

Depending on who you talk to Reid isn't as responsible for the Eagles Success as Jim Johnson was. It could also be argued the merits of Reid as a talent evaluator and who actually built the eagles. A lot of people are of the opinion that it was Tom Modrak. Johnson himself is responsible for the coaching careers of Spags, Ron Rivera, Leslie Frazier among others, The Eagles defense has not been the same since he was diagnosed and rest his soul ultimately passed from cancer. The best d coordinator this league has seen outside of Lebeau.

139-91-1. 19 playoff games since 1999. That's 18 more than the Bills. Bring him on.

Depending on who you talk to Reid isn't as responsible for the Eagles Success as Jim Johnson was. It could also be argued the merits of Reid as a talent evaluator and who actually built the eagles. A lot of people are of the opinion that it was Tom Modrak. Johnson himself is responsible for the coaching careers of Spags, Ron Rivera, Leslie Frazier among others, The Eagles defense has not been the same since he was diagnosed and rest his soul ultimately passed from cancer. The best d coordinator this league has seen outside of Lebeau.

And yet, post-Jim Johnson, Andy Reid's record has been 32-22 for a .593 winning percentage so not much of a dropoff from the Jim Johnson era.

He runs the ball less and throws more than Gailey. You guys would hate him here like you hate Gailey. Here in Philly they can't wait until he gets fired and Vick is released.

I think he's been an excellent personnel guy for the most part. Like the Steelers always seem to do, he has done a good job of determining which guys are overvalued/expendable and when to cut bait with them, and then replacing them.

But yah as a gameday coach he's about as bad as it gets. Though I wouldn't put too much stock into what Eagle fans say, who just 2yrs ago thought Vick was the mvp.

I don't doubt the Eagles have other good pieces in the front office, but Head Coach is a huge role in player development, scheme and in-game decision making which have huge impact on franchise success. Reid deserves at least a sizable portion of the credit. I too have some concerns with him, but its hard to argue with this record.

I think that's a bit absurd.

I WOULD buy that he's the pass-happy version of the run-happy Schottenheimer.

Both Reid and Schotty are very successful coaches but seem to have a trouble taking their teams to the summit.

And you just furthered the point of the poster you are disagreeing with. Nice post! :thumbsup:

And yet, post-Jim Johnson, Andy Reid's record has been 32-22 for a .593 winning percentage so not much of a dropoff from the Jim Johnson era.

Johnson didn't step down till may of 2009 after the season. Although he wasn't really so much involved in the playcalling and game prep at that point anyway. Still a bit of a non viable comparison. These eagle teams are not nearly as good as the early 2000 teams defensively that made them superbowl contenders. I don't doubt Reids ability as an offensive passing game guru. My issue with Reid is the whole game management, situational football and his ignorance of the running game. Also as we speak the eagles are the #31 scoring offense

Edited by Stealth

This would actually be a good topic: Who are the greatest coaches to never win a Super Bowl?

Say what you want about Reid but he has a great record:

Career record 129-82-1 (Regular Season)

10-9 (Postseason)

139-91-1 (Overall)

Off the top of my head I'd say Chuck Knox, George Allen, Marv Levy, Marty Schottenheimer, and Reid have to be the best coaches to never win one.

Bud Grant? I don't want a replay of a far too long Marty debate I had last month, but I would say him fairly easily.

And you just furthered the point of the poster you are disagreeing with. Nice post! :thumbsup:

Wrong.

QDawg said Reid was a joke. I said that he's a bit pass happy and hasn't won a Super Bowl.

Not sure what you're talking about.

Bud Grant? I don't want a replay of a far too long Marty debate I had last month, but I would say him fairly easily.

Forgot Bud Grant. Four Super Bowl appearances.

Good call.

Wrong.

QDawg said Reid was a joke. I said that he's a bit pass happy and hasn't won a Super Bowl.

Not sure what you're talking about.

Forgot Bud Grant. Four Super Bowl appearances.

Good call.

Actually, he said (note the use of the FULL quote and not pieces being taken out of context):

"I'm wit you Nucci!! Dude is a joke and is the major reason the eagles can't get over the hump!!"

I'm going to highlight this part of his post: Dude is a joke and is the major reason the eagles can't get over the hump!!"

Meaning that he is the reason they are not champions.

You said: "Both Reid and Schotty are very successful coaches but seem to have a trouble taking their teams to the summit." I'm going to bold this part of your post, you know, just so you remember what YOU said: "Both Reid and Schotty are very successful coaches but seem to have a trouble taking their teams to the summit."

To me, in this context SUMMIT and HUMP are synonymous. You didn't just say: "that he's a bit pass happy and hasn't won a Super Bowl.".

So, "Not sure what you're talking about", apparently you're not sure what you are talking about either. It's all here in print, just read it.

Actually, he said (note the use of the FULL quote and not pieces being taken out of context):

"I'm wit you Nucci!! Dude is a joke and is the major reason the eagles can't get over the hump!!"

I'm going to highlight this part of his post: Dude is a joke and is the major reason the eagles can't get over the hump!!"

Meaning that he is the reason they are not champions.

You said: "Both Reid and Schotty are very successful coaches but seem to have a trouble taking their teams to the summit." I'm going to bold this part of your post, you know, just so you remember what YOU said: "Both Reid and Schotty are very successful coaches but seem to have a trouble taking their teams to the summit."

To me, in this context SUMMIT and HUMP are synonymous. You didn't just say: "that he's a bit pass happy and hasn't won a Super Bowl.".

So, "Not sure what you're talking about", apparently you're not sure what you are talking about either. It's all here in print, just read it.

Okay.

So: Joke = Very successful coach.

Gotcha.

And if you want to espouse some honesty, it is clear that I don't think Reid is a joke.

But that's up to you.

Okay.

So: Joke = Very successful coach.

Gotcha.

And if you want to espouse some honesty, it is clear that I don't think Reid is a joke.

But that's up to you.

Reid being a "joke" has nothing to do with my point. You know this. My point is that you agreed with the poster you tried to lambast about him not being the guy that is going to win super bowls. What's clear is that you think Reid has "trouble taking their teams to the summit." But hey, if you want to back track that's up to you :flirt:

Reid being a "joke" has nothing to do with my point. You know this. My point is that you agreed with the poster you tried to lambast about him not being the guy that is going to win super bowls. What's clear is that you think Reid has "trouble taking their teams to the summit." But hey, if you want to back track that's up to you :flirt:

Do yourself a favor.

Read my posts in this topic and decide if I've been criticizing or defending Reid.

Then Reid QDawg's post ("joke") and decide if he was criticizing or defending Reid.

Or if you'd like, continue to dwell on meaningless minutiae.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

I'm not dwelling on anything. Actually, you're the one that keeps refusing to acknowledge what I've written in my posts. Not only that, my posts contain YOUR words...verbatim.

How about this, instead of trying to be a douche and lash out at other posters (when you actually agree with them) think before you write something. The reason why I'm posting what I'm posting is because you came off as a smart ass in a bully type manner. I find it funny that once you were called out all you could do was back peddle and try to change the point that I made. No one likes a smart ass or a bully. So do yourself a favor and a know when you are wrong or do something wrong and admit it.

I already know my post will go over your head because you are not capable of admitting a mistake. I can also tell you are the type that needs to have the last word, so have at it. Or, if you are a solid human being, think about what I said. I'm not trying to come off as mean or nasty. Just pointing out that you didn't make yourself look to upfront with the post I quoted.

If Eagles miss playoffs again Andy is done in Philly

Andy is great with QBs but his gameday coaching is awful and he hasn't done jack without Jim Johnson running the defense. I actually think Reid has lost it n looks more like a spectator then a head coach these days

Ill pass

Edited by Max997

First of all ya gotta remember who the Bills owner is, he will pay 100 mill to a player and be a Grinch with his head coach choices.

The only HC I can recall Wilson even coming close to paying top dollar was with Chuck Knox (because he had just won 5 divisional championships with the Rams)

I'd take Andy Reid in a heartbeat just to finally see the Bills finish a season with a winning record.... although his play calling lately does remind me of Gailey's play calling. Neither has a Tom Brady / Drew Brees and yet they think they do. Plus Reid's choice of DC has me scratching my head.

I think at this point I'd rather see Marty S or someone like Vic Fangio the current 49er DC, #1 defense in the NFL http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/FangVi0.htm

• 2 weeks later...