Football stereotypes...

Has anybody else noticed JJ Watt is so good he never gets tagged with the "High-Motor" label. I just find it funny because here is a guy that plays balls to the wall every down and takes on plenty of double teams every game and can push through the doubles yet I don't think I have ever heard the phrase "High-Motor" used to describe him. To me it just proves even further that the high motor label is a friendly way of describing a white defensive lineman who isn't very good lol....come to think of it I don't think JJ Watt has ever brought his lunch pail with him on sundays either haha.

He was a beast against the Jets monday night. The adjectives high motor and intelligent are ingrained to describe the white football player. Like black athletes can't play with intentensity or be smart, or white athletes can't be gifted athletically. It's asinine.

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

Has anybody else noticed JJ Watt is so good he never gets tagged with the "High-Motor" label. I just find it funny because here is a guy that plays balls to the wall every down and takes on plenty of double teams every game and can push through the doubles yet I don't think I have ever heard the phrase "High-Motor" used to describe him. To me it just proves even further that the high motor label is a friendly way of describing a white defensive lineman who isn't very good lol....come to think of it I don't think JJ Watt has ever brought his lunch pail with him on sundays either haha.

He has been described as high motor quite a bit it's just that he is kicking ass too.

PS; can we trade Mario for him :thumbsup:

A bit off-topic, but I remember when we drafted Dareus thinking that I'd be equally happy if we drafted Watt. He is absolutely dominant.