The Entitlement Mentality-Ohio State Buckeye Edition

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8466428/ohio-state-buckeyes-cardale-jones-tweets-classes-pointless

I think every time liberals try to jam down our throats that the problem with education is that we're not spending enough tax dollars should refer to this tweet. The problem is that if the value of an education is not imprinted on someone at a young age it never will be. The culture of entitlement in this country is out of control.

While certainly an ignorant thing to say, I'm having trouble linking this to the entitlement culture.

Its the culture of people believing they dont have to work for anything and everything will be provided to them by the government. This guy is a 3rd string QB who no pro football hopes yet he does not recognize the value of going to class and putting himself in a position to provide for himself down the line.

Its the culture of people believing they dont have to work for anything and everything will be provided to them by the government. This guy is a 3rd string QB who no pro football hopes yet he does not recognize the value of going to class and putting himself in a position to provide for himself down the line.

I'm with Tasker. I don't see how someone being too dumb to take advantage of an opportunity = entitlement culture. My guess is he might feel differently about those classes after pumping gas for ten years.

I'm with Tasker. I don't see how someone being too dumb to take advantage of an opportunity = entitlement culture. My guess is he might feel differently about those classes after pumping gas for ten years.

Its not necessarily a government entitlement culture however. Its also the culture of pampered athletes having every one of his wishes catered to. It's also a parenting issue as well.

Education is a problem because you don't even have to be able to write and figure to get a high school diploma. How do you fix that?

I know! I know!

Give more power to teacher unions and less ro teachers, introduce concepts like 'social promotion', refuse to expel scumbag kids and allow absurd lawsuits against school districts ( aka taxpayers) for any conceivable reason (including failing non-performers).

!@#$ing retard.

I know! I know!

Give more power to teacher unions and less ro teachers, introduce concepts like 'social promotion', refuse to expel scumbag kids and allow absurd lawsuits against school districts ( aka taxpayers) for any conceivable reason (including failing non-performers).

!@#$ing retard.

No, stupid, Im saying you have to fail kids, but at what grade would you fail them out? That might be too complicated for garbage like you to understand, but Im sure a few others here can get it.

So far the kid in this story has had to earn everything he's gotten. He earned his scholarship. He earned his spot on a BCS caliber roster. If he wants to squander what he's worked his whole life to earn, it's no one's business but his own.