Two interesting passing stats

NoSaint

It's early so a lot of stats are still a bit quirky to look at but these two did jump out from Matthew berry at espn. Something to keep an eye on this week perhaps- no link, got it from espn app:

Steve Johnson, Bills: Let's go next level once again: Stevie Johnson was targeted 10 times by Ryan Fitzpatrick in Week 4 but had just two receptions. That's not a one-game thing. Fitzpatrick and Johnson have the lowest completion percentage of any of the 75 QB-receiver combinations who have had at least 20 targets this season. Don't see that getting a lot better against the Niners. I have him outside my top 20.

Scott Chandler, Bills: If you're looking in the second tier for a guy, Chandler has caught all four of his end zone targets, the only player with four targets and a perfect catch percentage. And as good as San Francisco has been, the 49ers have allowed a league-worst 83.3 completion percentage on end zone throws (5-for-6, 5 TDs, 0 INT), not to mention the fact they've given up four scores to opposing tight ends in four weeks.

ya fitz to stevie is played out.

the league has seen him run that slant a hundred times and the other wrs dont draw much attention and overall other teams are doing a good job of limiting him.

Disagree. Stevie has been wide open on the majority of the incomplete passes to him and most of those have not been the slant. Stevie has been so wide open the frustration he has shown in response has been palpable. I'd say the DBs he's face haven't been able to cover him very well at all. Pity Fitz hasn't been able to take advantage.

GO BILLS!!!

I totally disagree with the idea Stevie and Fitz is played out the throws have to be there.

So the Niners are having trouble covering tight ends in the red zone? I seem to remember that being an issue for us.... Who is that safety that played for us, who now pays for them who kinda runs his mouth a lot? Oh yea Whitner... Should be a big day for Scott Chandler.

Stevie will finish this year with just as good stats as the previous two...hes already getting his TDs

what we need is Fitz to throw him the ball ACCURATELY! Stevie is open, ive been to half the games live watching from the nosebleeds (where you see it all develop), and Stevie simply GETS OPEN...and then Fitz underthrows him and its an incompletion...im not a Fitz hater (but kind of getting there), but he needs to make good throws consistently, im not saying 60 yard bombs accurately, but the 8 yard outs, the 5 yard slants, the posts and the back shoulder throws, for the love of god, get it to the man

and yes, Chandler is beast and will finish with at least one TD

im getting more confident in our chances on Sunday