Ryder Cup

Simon

I hope 'Merica can clinch it in the match against that eurotrash poulter, and then go scream in his face.

We typically dominate in singles play, but you never know. Tiger has been looking very good as of late. 4.5/12 points shouldn't be too difficult to get.

We typically dominate in singles play, but you never know. Tiger has been looking very good as of late. 4.5/12 points shouldn't be too difficult to get.

He deserved better after playing that well down the stretch the last two days. Stricker is friggin useless.

A lot of the young guys really playing well for the US. Lets hope they can close it out tomorrow without too much drama.

Going to a Ryder Cup would be awesome. I need to do it someday.

Edited by KD in CT

He deserved better after playing that well down the stretch the last two days. Stricker is friggin useless.

A lot of the young guys really playing well for the US. Lets hope they can close it out tomorrow without too much drama.

Going to a Ryder Cup would be awesome. I need to do it someday.

The atmosphere there looks amazing. Bubba Watson really is the real life Happy Gilmore.

This group of younger guys we got seems unfazed by the way Europe has been dominating Ryder Cup play for what, 20 years now? I guess playing in the Tiger Era has had a positive effect on them. Also, these guys are in finitely better at playing tram golf than the old guard. When was the last time we played that well in foursomes?

Thats crazy about Rory. You'd think there'd be someone, somewhere that might be keeping track of the players whereabouts, especially when its an hour before your tee time and you're nowhere to be found.

I did find it odd that the US was wearing blue and Europe was wearing pinkish the past few days. Traditionally the USA wears red and Europe blue.

I did find it odd that the US was wearing blue and Europe was wearing pinkish the past few days. Traditionally the USA wears red and Europe blue.

much better than the brown patterned shirts the US wore in their comeback a few years back. i think they hired john daly's tailor for that event.

Was Seve's ghost helping the euros today? They generally outplayed the 'mericans today, but there were a handful of putts that europe had no right making and did, and then i counted about a half a dozen american putts that just lipped out. If even 1 of them falls, we win the cup. That type of luck usually balances itself out over that many holes in that many matches, but it was all on the euro side today.

What a friggin disaster. I taped the last 2+ hours to take the kids to the Newcomers family picnic, figured I watch it after everyone had gone to bed. But after seeing how the first couple hours were going Europe's way I couldn't resist checking my phone for updates. It was getting tighter all afternoon but things still look fine until about 5:30 or so when the kids were starting to melt down.

So in the 20 mins it takes to get home, both Phil and Furyk blow what should have been the Cup clinching points. In mean WTF, they are both one up after 16 and both lose outright?!? Furyk is a friggin choke artist; I can't stand him. I don't know what happened to Phil. Once that happened, they were in deep trouble.

Love deserves the most blame though, first for putting Stricker on the team at all and them having him as the penultimate player in today's lineup?!? WTF?? Why wasn't he put out first or second? You knew Europe would put out their biggest guns right away in hopes of gaining momentum so why not just sacrific Stricker then? Bubba Watson or someone could have taken Kaymer. As soon as I saw Stricker needed a W to make Tiger's match even matter I knew it was all over.

Guess I'll watch the Giants game.

What a friggin disaster. I taped the last 2+ hours to take the kids to the Newcomers family picnic, figured I watch it after everyone had gone to bed. But after seeing how the first couple hours were going Europe's way I couldn't resist checking my phone for updates. It was getting tighter all afternoon but things still look fine until about 5:30 or so when the kids were starting to melt down.

So in the 20 mins it takes to get home, both Phil and Furyk blow what should have been the Cup clinching points. In mean WTF, they are both one up after 16 and both lose outright?!? Furyk is a friggin choke artist; I can't stand him. I don't know what happened to Phil. Once that happened, they were in deep trouble.

Love deserves the most blame though, first for putting Stricker on the team at all and them having him as the penultimate player in today's lineup?!? WTF?? Why wasn't he put out first or second? You knew Europe would put out their biggest guns right away in hopes of gaining momentum so why not just sacrific Stricker then? Bubba Watson or someone could have taken Kaymer. As soon as I saw Stricker needed a W to make Tiger's match even matter I knew it was all over.

Guess I'll watch the Giants game.

Phil got run. On 17, he chips from just off the green, thought it was going in for a birdie, raised his hands, and the ball didn't break that last 1/4 inch and skirted the cup. Then Rose hit a bomb from about 45 feet that he had no business making for his birdie. On 18, phil hit a bad approach, but got up and down for par, and Rose sank his birdie from 20 feet to win another hole. Furyk lipped out on 16 which would have won the match, and then just missed on 18 to halve the match.

As i said earlier, the US played like crap, but europe got ALL of the luck today.

Phil got run. On 17, he chips from just off the green, thought it was going in for a birdie, raised his hands, and the ball didn't break that last 1/4 inch and skirted the cup. Then Rose hit a bomb from about 45 feet that he had no business making for his birdie. On 18, phil hit a bad approach, but got up and down for par, and Rose sank his birdie from 20 feet to win another hole. Furyk lipped out on 16 which would have won the match, and then just missed on 18 to halve the match.

As i said earlier, the US played like crap, but europe got ALL of the luck today.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up, but Europe was due for some breaks. They had putts lipping out all over the place on Saturday.

It really would have been fun to have it come down to Tiger on 18. I still can't believe they couldn't buy another lousy 1/2 point out of all those late matches.