OT Cleveland 22 Yankees 0

T-Bone

As Da Boneman has been saying all along, the Yankees have no pitching. And with the Red Sox beating the Angels and with six games against the Yankees in weeks to come, I am starting to believe that the Red Sox are going to take the division title.

Only 3.5 baby behind :unsure: ...

I don't love it. Yankees have zero pitching. Tonight's game was the worst loss in the entire 101 year history of the Yankees. They should play tommorrow's game wearing plain white uniforms becasue they do not deserve to wear the pinstripes, If they keep playing like they have been for the last two weeks, they will be watching the playoffs at home on their HD Big Screen Plasma TV's. Yanks had a 10.5 game lead on August 16th. I mentioned to someone in July that this season felt like the reverse of 1978. Never thought it would actually happen. Money can buy everything but pitching I guess. What is worse is that not one player, the manager or a coach was PO'd or yelled or anything. Just talked quietly with their heads down mumbling how everything was fine. I want to see Steinbrenner start cracking some skulls immediatley.

I don't love it. Yankees have zero pitching. Tonight's game was the worst loss in the entire 101 year history of the Yankees. They should play tommorrow's game wearing plain white uniforms becasue they do not deserve to wear the pinstripes, If they keep playing like they have been for the last two weeks, they will be watching the playoffs at home on their HD Big Screen Plasma TV's. Yanks had a 10.5 game lead on August 16th. I mentioned to someone in July that this season felt like the reverse of 1978. Never thought it would actually happen. Money can buy everything but pitching I guess. What is worse is that not one player, the manager or a coach was PO'd or yelled or anything. Just talked quietly with their heads down mumbling how everything was fine. I want to see Steinbrenner start cracking some skulls immediatley.

13998[/snapback]

Relax brother, pitching ain't all it's cracked up to be. Although it does help.

Who had better pitching going into last years WS? The Yanks by far had the pitching with Clemens, Pettite, Wells, Mussina over Beckett, Penney and Willis. Who won the WS....not the Yankees......the Marlins.

Don't fold your tent just yet.

Could it be that ARod is not a winner? Whereever he goes the team he leaves improves and his new team gets worse.

I know it flies in the face of what the stat hounds will tell you, but I think that the guy is a self absorbed prima donna. Great individual athlete and player, but he's going to be known for cashing checks and not for winning games if his career continues on this path.

There's also the pitching thing. The Yanks have missed having Mussina's typical consistency in a huge way.

Here is the reality.  A 22-0 loss is a football score not a baseball score.  Any team giving up 22 runs has to really ask themselves what the TRUE story is in the clubhouse, even if it is the New York Yankees.

14057[/snapback]

i don't know what will happen next, The Red sox will probably find a way to break my heart down the road but what an incredible season! This has been fun from day 1, the wildcard race was just amazing for the last 3 weeks and even if Texas looks to give up a little now , it is still raging ...but now this!!! only 3.5 games behind and the yanks going nowhere... I love baseball!!

Guest Joe Strummer
Relax brother, pitching ain't all it's cracked up to be.  Although it does help. 

Who had better pitching going into last years WS?  The Yanks by far had the pitching with Clemens, Pettite, Wells, Mussina over Beckett, Penney and Willis.  Who won the WS....not the Yankees......the Marlins. 

Don't fold your tent just yet.

14005[/snapback]

Are you kidding me?!?!?! Pitching ain't all it's cracked up to be??? Sure those Yankees pitchers are better on paper but the fact is that the Marlins pitching was H-O-T HOT last fall and shut the Yanks down. Brown, Vazquez, Mussina, etc. are real nice names but they damn well better get hot.

Pitching ain't all it's cracked up to be...give me a break. Why do you think your beloved team has gone in the crapper??? Do you remember the 2001 World Series at all??? Schilling?? Johnson??? These names don't ring bells??? Oh of course they do...Schilling now pitches for the team that is breathing down New York's neck and Johnson still pitches in the desert. Still.

Good GOD...hey Alaska Darin, not all Yanks fans are this delusional are they???

As Da Boneman has been saying all along, the Yankees have no pitching.  And with the Red Sox beating the Angels and with six games against the Yankees in weeks to come, I am starting to believe that  the Red Sox are going to take the division title.

Only 3.5 baby behind :D ...

13940[/snapback]

Have you ever heard of the term dont count your chickens before they hatch! :unsure:

You got to love Boston fans always on the up and up..... Yanks always find a way. They lost 22-0 at home? Good, let them lose tonight too. When Boston comes to town there will be a team meeting just like last year and we seen what happened.......

Before you rag on the Yanks brother, check your own team. I enjoy seeing my team in the playoffs every year and the series. What have you enjoyed? 78 years of ????

Have you ever heard of the term dont count your chickens before they hatch! :unsure:

14116[/snapback]

You must be thinking of all those Yankee fans who claimed that the Yanks never ever have blown a 6 game lead over another team.

Reverse of 1978!

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

The Red Sox will hit the curse soon enough, and the Yankees will win the title, going on to lose in the playoffs.

Standard stuff.

All of you are counting chickens! :D

1960! :unsure:

As Da Boneman has been saying all along, the Yankees have no pitching.  And with the Red Sox beating the Angels and with six games against the Yankees in weeks to come, I am starting to believe that  the Red Sox are going to take the division title.

Only 3.5 baby behind :unsure: ...

13940[/snapback]

I actually do love it boneman. Im hoping that humiliating defeat wakes up the primadonnas in NY.

I just love how Red $ox fans are starved for attention...3 1/2 games out of 1st against the Yankees on September 1st makes them feel like they won something....Yankees are done this year Im afraid..I just dont see it...as long as the Yankees do not lose to Boston in the playoffs, I could CARE LESS what happens to the Red Sox in the playoffs, go ahead win a World Series already, its about friggin time

Give it a rest Navy, I am a Sox fan, but if I was a Yankmee fan I would be very concerned. Pitching is so important, thats why the Marlins beat the Yanks in the WS! It is reality check time!!! THe Yankmees have a solid team with a great line up, but if their starters can't get out of the 2nd or 3rd innings they are sunk!

The Yankmees cockyness (A-rod) said it all yesterday..... We are in the drivers seat, not the Red Sox. How about Sheffield... "We are not concerned with the Red SOx? Red Sox??" with a smerk!

I don't know who is going to win the division but the YANKS are going nowhere..

AS PEDRO once said " it is reasonable to be panicing" When the SOx went down 3-2 going in to Yankee Stadium in the ALCS 03

You got to love Boston fans always on the up and up..... Yanks always find a way. They lost 22-0 at home? Good, let them lose tonight too. When Boston comes to town there will be a team meeting just like last year and we seen what happened.......

Before you rag on the Yanks brother, check your own team. I enjoy seeing my team in the playoffs every year and the series. What have you enjoyed? 78 years of ????