Here is why I like that the Pats are coming in on a 2 game losing stre

BigBallzMcgee

Just as the myth of the "trap game" has been exposed, there is similarly no evidence that suggests a team who has lost consecutive games is "more" motivated to perform a a higher level in the subsequent game.

i agree. If NE wins it will not be because they are MORE motivated, it will be because they are the better team.

Yeah that would def rock, but then we hit a real meaty part of our schedule and unless this team is the dream team, then we will be losing plenty (hopefully no more than 6 loses all year) Im thinking loses at SF,at ARI,at Hou, at Pats is half. I hope Im wrong and they do better, not worse. So 1st half they lose some bad games get a little respect and then come on hot at the end of the year. That would be a nice change of scenery for us diehard Bill fans. Its going to happen sometime.

Just as the myth of the "trap game" has been exposed, there is similarly no evidence that suggests a team who has lost consecutive games is "more" motivated to perform a a higher level in the subsequent game.

This is exactly right. People think the Pats can and WILL play better because they lost 2 games? You know what, there is a reason they lost 2 games and the Bills are in the unique position to put the first nail in the coffin. Buffalo could not possible ask for a better position to be in and to be the team that could really make a statement - AT HOME

This theory is really sticking in your craw, isn't it? :lol:

I sure hope you're right.

Interesting Read on teams 0-2 in week 3. http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2012/09/on-the-line-from-vegas-trends-look-raggedy-for-bills.html

Not saying you're wrong but this article said that 4 out of 5 0-2 underdogs won straight up last week. This would suggest that teams with two losses in a row are hungrier for a win and therefore played better in week 3. However, I am no more or less scared for the pats now that they are 1-2 as opposed to if they were 3-0. They always come ready to play.

They will bring there A game, and its up to the Bills to beat them. We cannot rely on the Pats having a down game. We win this game then we have to be considered a legitimate threat in the league.

I'm not sure what your definition of "legitimate threat" is, but if the Bills win and KC loses to SD, the Bills wins will be against opponents who combined have 2 wins and 10 losses. All that means is Buffalo is capable of beating teams that are among the worst performing in the league. If the Bills pull out a win at SF, ARZ, or Houston, then maybe it's time to start calling them a "legitimate threat".

Edited by Beebes Bubble