1-Year SiriusXM Internet Radio Trial for Free

26CornerBlitz

Wow, these customer service people are aholes! I signed up for the trial and then went to click on "my account" just to see if it was 6mo or whatever. The email they sent me never confirmed that the code went through, it just had my PW and gave me the link. Some jerkoff named "Kevin" found a way to come off like a jerk even through the chat....and how can they not know what the quality of their stream is?? That's a basic question that I've been able to get answered very easily with MOG, Spotify, and pretty much any station on TuneIn radio.

Regardless of that guy, I'm thankful for this link/code...will be fun to play around with it. I need to get rid of my Kindle Fire and get an iPad, though....Kindle never has an app for ANYTHING it seems.

You called customer service over the quality of the stream for a free trial offer???

Wow, these customer service people are aholes! I signed up for the trial and then went to click on "my account" just to see if it was 6mo or whatever. The email they sent me never confirmed that the code went through, it just had my PW and gave me the link. Some jerkoff named "Kevin" found a way to come off like a jerk even through the chat....and how can they not know what the quality of their stream is?? That's a basic question that I've been able to get answered very easily with MOG, Spotify, and pretty much any station on TuneIn radio.

Regardless of that guy, I'm thankful for this link/code...will be fun to play around with it. I need to get rid of my Kindle Fire and get an iPad, though....Kindle never has an app for ANYTHING it seems.

Edited by The Poojer

What abt your iPhone? Does it even work on there...I have no idea. Lol

You called customer service over the quality of the stream for a free trial offer???

Of course! How can anyone who is into audio decide on a serivce without knowing the quality? Isn't that the point of a trial offer? For me to evaluate it and hopefully become a paying customer? This is a common question I always ask, and every other service has always been able to tell me. In fact, in some cases it's a selling point (e.g. MOG and Spotify) and an aspect of their service that they aggressively promote. For their rep to not even know about the product is poor form. You can go to ANY other streaming or download service....iTunes, Amazon, Pandora, Mog, etc, etc, and it's very easy to find out what their quality is. It's a very basic request.

EDIT: Case in point....https://mog.com/#!what Look where it says "best audio quality"....it's clearly right there. That's a big reason why I chose this service.

EDIT 2: Heres another....look what's written in big letters on the left side of the page.... http://www.spotify.com/us/get-spotify/premium/

What abt your iPhone? Does it even work on there...I have no idea. Lol

Yep, works great.

Edited by ajzepp

Here you go, Pooj....just saw this on wikipedia.com...."In contrast to its high-quality broadcasts, Sirius/XM's customer service has drawn fire from some State governments. In October 2010, Richard Cordray, Ohio's Attorney General, began investigating complaints regarding Sirius XM's policies on billing, customer solicitation as well as subscription renewals and cancellations."

:lol:

According to the same Wikipedia article, the quality is only at 128kbps....I guess that's why their reps don't answer my question lol...that quality is fine for talk programs like Stern, but for music it falls short.

Edited by ajzepp

• 2 weeks later...

looks like sirius caught on to the 'fraudulent' code. i called them and they basically said an expired code got leaked and they allowed it to go only 7 days from when you first logged on. I basically asked how that was our problem and he gave me a song and dance about hackers posting codes and there was nothing they could do to which i responded they should have expired the codes, he said they aren't able to do that. I then said i am in online retail and we use discount codes and expire them all the time and check and double check that the codes do not work past their expiration date...only thing they would offer is the typical 30 day trial but who knows because i am sure my email address is already in that system