I said I'd be back...

Steel4real

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, win or lose I said I would be back.  Here I am.  I am sure most of you could care less, but I meant what I said, and said what I meant.  Steelers are 15-1 and yinz are making draft pick posts soon...

I told you to watch out for our running game.  I also said our defense will shut your offense down.  I didn't think we would get to Bledsoe as often as we did, but the man has ALWAYS been a statue back there.  He HAS to get rid of the ball! 

I also mentioned Willie Parker and Verron Haynes, but even HE didn't play that much. 

Anyhoo... Crow is served.

189516[/snapback]

Congrats, the better team won today. Now get out there and knock the Pats out of the playoffs.

Well, win or lose I said I would be back.  Here I am.  I am sure most of you could care less, but I meant what I said, and said what I meant.  Steelers are 15-1 and yinz are making draft pick posts soon...

I told you to watch out for our running game.  I also said our defense will shut your offense down.  I didn't think we would get to Bledsoe as often as we did, but the man has ALWAYS been a statue back there.  He HAS to get rid of the ball! 

I also mentioned Willie Parker and Verron Haynes, but even HE didn't play that much. 

Anyhoo... Crow is served.

189516[/snapback]

We played like crap and your team won, end of story. But thanks for the classy post just the same. I really wonder if you would have come back had the Steelers lost. Based on this class-less post I think we all know the answer to that.

Maybe so, but I'm not sitting here defending Drew with no real basis to do it with.

The guy is horrible.

Give me ONE REASON you think this guy can win here?

He's been here for 3 years.

8-8, 6-10, and 9-7.

23-25.

Enough said.

189732[/snapback]

Why should I give you a reason? You promptly ignore everything anyone says that doesn't fit into your view of the world.

CW

Spidey. Thanks for the apology. I know it sucks to get so close. You guys put a nice string together, and it is something to buid on for next year. You didn't play any BIG teams during that stretch, but you can only play who you are scheduled against. You have a nice defense and with some secondary help should be in good shape next year. Don't worry too much about Drew, isn't that what you drafted Lossman for?

Why should I give you a reason?  You promptly ignore everything anyone says that doesn't fit into your view of the world.

CW

189740[/snapback]

Well I've got numbers to back my claims up, you have nothing.

It's that simple.

The Drew apologists like yourself have NOTHING to support their claims that he should be a Buffalo Bill after this season.

Spidey.  Thanks for the apology.  I know it sucks to get so close.  You guys put a nice string together, and it is something to buid on for next year.  You didn't play any BIG teams during that stretch, but you can only play who you are scheduled against.  You have a nice defense and with some secondary help should be in good shape next year.  Don't worry too much about Drew, isn't that what you drafted Lossman for?

189741[/snapback]

Thanx sometimes one has to cool down before posting. Oh well do us a favor and kick the Patriots asses I am tired of hearing how great BB and Brady are. I just hope JP turn out for us as good as Ben has for you we were hoping you folks would let him drop into our laps hope TD made the right choice with JP.

Well I've got numbers to back my claims up, you have nothing.

It's that simple.

The Drew apologists like yourself have NOTHING to support their claims that he should be a Buffalo Bill after this season.

189744[/snapback]

I am not sure Fez is apologizing for Drew but hard to read every post on this board. I hope folks realize that its time to move on for Drew the future is now.

189744[/snapback]

It doesn't matter what anyone wants, the truth is that Drew will be back and starting in '05. Is he the right guy for this team? I'm not so sure. He didn't look it today.

But the fact is, he played a role (how big is very debatable) in helping guide this team from 1-5 to 9-7. There is no way this coaching staff will try to replace him this off season because they will say (and perhaps rightfully so) that he will be more comfortable in this system after playing in it for a year than anyone else they could possibly bring in--JP included.

All that being said, Drew will start in '05 but be on the proverbial short leash.

It doesn't matter what anyone wants, the truth is that Drew will be back and starting in '05. Is he the right guy for this team? I'm not so sure. He didn't look it today.

But the fact is, he played a role (how big is very debatable) in helping guide this team from 1-5 to 9-7. There is no way this coaching staff will try to replace him this off season because they will say (and perhaps rightfully so) that he will be more comfortable in this system after playing in it for a year than anyone else they could possibly bring in--JP included.

All that being said, Drew will start in '05 but be on the proverbial short leash.

189753[/snapback]

And we will be right here next January 2nd talking about what could have been and how it's time to get rid of Drew.

And we will be right here next January 2nd talking about what could have been and how it's time to get rid of Drew.

189757[/snapback]

I'm not saying you are wrong (or right for that matter). I'm just pointing out the reality of the situation.

You know?

I am not sure Fez is apologizing for Drew but hard to read every post on this board.    I hope folks realize that its time to move on for Drew the future is now.

189752[/snapback]

All I'm saying is that Drew didn't lose the game himself. He didn't play particularly well, but neither did a bunch of other players.

I'm also convinced that if Lindel makes the kick, we win because Drew doesn't have to throw all the time.

CW

189753[/snapback]

Drew should be the starter IF and ONLY IF he proves he is the best QB on the squad, heres hoping that the coaches and organization really dont go into the off season with Drews the starter mentality but that the job is open for all contenders. I am just wondering if Drew might suprise us all and retire after the season. I dont know why but I have a feeling that is a strong possibility

Drew should be the starter IF and ONLY IF he proves he is the best QB on the squad, heres hoping that the coaches and organization really dont go into the off season with Drews the starter mentality but that the job is open for all contenders.  I am just wondering if Drew might suprise us all and retire after the season.  I dont know why but I have a feeling that is a strong possibility

189762[/snapback]

Why would he retire? He may or may not be here, but there's no way he retires.

CW

All I'm saying is that Drew didn't lose the game himself.  He didn't play particularly well, but neither did a bunch of other players.

I'm also convinced that if Lindel makes the kick, we win because Drew doesn't have to throw all the time.

CW

189761[/snapback]

The game was lost on key plays. One being the dumb pass interference by reed ( it was a simple bump what a BS call ). Next the miss by Lindell. Next the long run given up by the D after the long rest. The fumble was the nail in the coffin.

But Fez you have to admit that maybe its time for Drew to move on or out as the starting QB of this team