Sons of Anarchy Season 5

/dev/null

I'm still recovering from episode one of this season....the scene with Pope and tig's daughter was just brutal....I'm almost shocked that they allowed that to be shown. It's pretty rare that I see something on tv/cable that impacts me like that, but it just made me sick to my stomach.

I'm a bit torn about this season so far...on the one hand the intensity level is already through the roof....on the other hand it just seems like these guys get into the same types of problems over and over, just with different groups. I've always liked jenna, but so far this season Im often hoping someone just pops her in the face. She's become uber annoying.

Loved seeing my girl Drea Di Mateo last night....she was looking great!

Edited by ajzepp

aj- i agree w/ you on the point that they get into and out of one over the top situation after another. i guess that's part of the appeal though.

Yep, there's no arguing it's a hell of a ride...at some point you'd think the price of business was getting a bit to high, though, you know?

I've always liked jenna, but so far this season Im often hoping someone just pops her in the face. She's become uber annoying.

Too soon to kill off Gemma. SoA started out has Hamlet on motorcycles. It's kind of gotten away from that them in seasons 3 and 4 but it's still the underlying premise of the show. Clay/Claudius and Gemma/Gertrude don't get whacked until the final scene

Too soon to kill off Gemma. SoA started out has Hamlet on motorcycles. It's kind of gotten away from that them in seasons 3 and 4 but it's still the underlying premise of the show. Clay/Claudius and Gemma/Gertrude don't get whacked until the final scene

which is not tooooo far down the road. If you take it as opie being ophelia (in a twist, his VP not his wife), and this being the death that hardens jax/hamlet enough to take on his enemies.

im thinking the opie thing is a plot point thats been scheduled since day one, it was just a matter of how the made for tv story would get there. between the name similarities, the seeming to match up role in advancing the story, heck even the nod of his father being "piney" with ophelias father being polonius.... i think sutter used tara as a distraction to that role for opie, while giving clues throughout. ive heard many debate taras demise the last few seasons trying to match it up to ophelia but opie makes so much sense now.

when you step back from the exact nature of matching them up, and do some broad strokes -- ophelia was the obedient daughter that eventually is made to go crazy from all thats demanded - opie is the obedient club member that is cracked by the expectations put upon him by his membership - she commits suicide in a passive manner (not by her own hand), he essentially does the same. even in ophelias death - shes described as a native to the setting as shes sunken into the water, which wouldnt be crazy to say about opie wrapped up in the club, in prison and doing right by them and wrong by himself sitting there on his knees.

once opie ended up in jail with them, i had texted a friend watching that he was a goner within 2 weeks following that theory.

Edited by NoSaint

I dont want to see her get taken out, just punched really hard. Maybe Jax's woman can just haul off and deck her with that cast. Or better yet, get Drea to go all Sopranos on her. She just needs someone to take her back down a couple notches then she'll be fine.

Further on hamlet kick - I think the switcharoo is in effect with haratio- hamlets best friend and most open confidant. That was always discussed as opie - I think it's Tara. Sutter played the two opposite common sense (wife and best friend switching roles in the story).

Also fits polonius, piney, being opies/Ophelia's father and being an elderstatesman of the group that pontificates on how things are supposed to be

I'm not 100% sharp on hamlet but it fits my rough memories

Edited by NoSaint

Further on hamlet kick - I think the switcharoo is in effect with haratio- hamlets best friend and most open confidant. That was always discussed as opie - I think it's Tara. Sutter played the two opposite common sense (wife and best friend switching roles in the story).

Also fits polonius, piney, being opies/Ophelia's father and being an elderstatesman of the group that pontificates on how things are supposed to be

I'm not 100% sharp on hamlet but it fits my rough memories

Interesting theory. But if we're going for Opie/Ophelia & Piney/Polonius, how about Laertes/Layla?

Interesting theory. But if we're going for Opie/Ophelia & Piney/Polonius, how about Laertes/Layla?

Depending on how things evolve from here, she could take that role. If she decides to avenge the death of the kids family somehow? Just cracks under the pressure. How she and the kids will be involved going forward is one thing I've noticed going under the radar. Possible.

The names have seemed to have some ties if you buy my opie - Ophelia theory which I'm pretty solid one in my own head

That'd give

Clay as Claudius

Gemma as Gertrude

Opie as Ophelia

Piney as polonius

And then without the name connections

John teller - king hamlet

Jax teller - young hamlet

Also, love seeing Tara kick some ass with her cast.

I was disappointed to see them ship Ashley Tisdale out of town so soon :( She's nice to look at :w00t:

Looks like the club is back in the p*ssy business. Previews for next week look like they're going to use Jimmy Smits' client list to expand into the blackmail business as well

Pope's a respectable business man and pillar of the community. So get the dirt on other respectable business men fine upstanding pillars of the community to start moving the pieces against Pope

Yeah, I thought last night's episode was just ok....agree with Wooderson that it was great to see Tara go off on that ho.

I enjoyed the episode tonight...that venus person was a piece of work! I thought it was pretty funny how Tig was infatuated. Hard to believe the cop's wife wasn't a better shot...kinda weird, but I found her very attractive. I bet Im in the minority on that one for sure...

I enjoyed the episode tonight...that venus person was a piece of work! I thought it was pretty funny how Tig was infatuated. Hard to believe the cop's wife wasn't a better shot...kinda weird, but I found her very attractive. I bet Im in the minority on that one for sure...

Like I said earlier, lost alot of respect for Tig :sick:

Why would a cop's wife be a good shot? My Dad was a cop but all my Mom knew about guns was how to make sure the safety was on

Like I said earlier, lost alot of respect for Tig :sick:

Why would a cop's wife be a good shot? My Dad was a cop but all my Mom knew about guns was how to make sure the safety was on

I'm guessing if your parents lived in a small town infested with gangs and a high crime rate, she would have known how to do a bit more than that ;)

I'm guessing if your parents lived in a small town infested with gangs and a high crime rate, she would have known how to do a bit more than that ;)

Dude, I'm from Erie. If Erie ever got infested with gangs my parents would have moved to Millcreek and sent me to McDowell

It took a while to figure out why the Venus character looked so familiar, then I realized it was Boyd Crowder from Justified.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0324658/

Dude, I'm from Erie. If Erie ever got infested with gangs my parents would have moved to Millcreek and sent me to McDowell

I know where you're from....that's why your mama can't shoot

Good episode.

Gemma the one bleeding, or one of the boys?

Whatever happened with juice and the Feds waaaaay back? Could he be the rat at the table? I know it appeared to be squashed as a story line but I don't remember how/if it was solid or just appeared that way.

Edited by NoSaint

Looked like the older boy was the one bleeding

The Sheriff and Fed Lawyer squashed Juice's testimony at the end of last season. But the Sheriff does still know what happened and from next weeks preview, it looks like he may try to leverage that info with Jax to get his hands on Clay

I know it would be crazy, but I think Abel dies....that ends the whole issue with Jax/Adrianna from Sopranos baby and custory - her out of the show, just the legitimate child Thomas left....the continued downward spiral of Gemma (probably suicide herself after realizing what shes done/her lifes over) - more heartache for Jax....sad but I could see it happening