Would you make this trade?

Buftex

Whenever my fantasy season appears to be going in the tank (I am 1-2, and my team is "underproducing" so far, according to pre-season expectations), it is normally cuz I don't have relaible wide receivers...this case it is the same...thanks #1 pick (#7 overall) Chris Johnson!

I have:

Wes Welker (finally had a good game, but the rest of my team was woeful)

Marques Colston

Michael Crabtree

Kendall Wright

I also have the Houston Texans defense...my only defense.

My question:

A guy in my leauge (also in my "division") has offered me the NY Jets defense and either Santonio Holmes or Malcolm Floyd for the Texans defense and Kendall Wright...

Stat wise, Holmes or Floyd would be a good number 2 for me, if they continue their current pace...but are they better than Colston? Should I make a trade, or stand pat. I don't particualrly like the Jets defense, especially compared to the Texans...but, sometimes you gotta give to get..

I have tried, but failed to pick up a few different WR on waivers...

I happen to think defenses are largely a crap shoot so I wouldn't put much value in the difference (if any) between the Jets and Texans. That said, I don't think either of those WRs necessarily bumps Colston from your #2 spot (but might if NO continues to be terrible), but it would allow you to play match ups and help for your bye weeks. I would do it for Floyd.

My guess is the other guy thinks Wright might be steal but I don't see him breaking out this season.

I happen to think defenses are largely a crap shoot so I wouldn't put much value in the difference (if any) between the Jets and Texans. That said, I don't think either of those WRs necessarily bumps Colston from your #2 spot (but might if NO continues to be terrible), but it would allow you to play match ups and help for your bye weeks. I would do it for Floyd.

My guess is the other guy thinks Wright might be steal but I don't see him breaking out this season.

Totally agree. The fact that you:

1) own the Texans D (meaning you probably took defense way too early in your draft)

2) are putting serious thought into how much worse the Jets D is

Leads me to believe you overvalue defense enormously. The 49ers are one of the worst fantasy D's so far this yr, at least in my league.

Still don't really see the point of that trade. I'm definitely never starting either of those guys over Colston as long as he's healthy.

I agree in general... but like almost every position in FF, there are a handful of elites at every position, and then a big drop off. I had three defenses targeted as my "elites"...on draft day, I liked the way my team was shaping up, so felt like picking the Texans D in the 10th round was okay... at that point, a defense that I can rely on for 8-12 pts every week (many more on good weeks) is far more valuable to me than a RB who shares carries with 2 other guys on his team, or a WR who may have a big day once in a whille but, do little most weeks....your D plays every week.

WR's are almost as much of a crap-shoot, for me. Colston just worries me, because he has done nothing after three weeks, and seems to have some on-going foot injury. He plays, but isn't getting targets like you would expect. I know, it is early in the season, so I shouldn't panic...I am probably going to stand pat. I would just feel better with another decent receiver option.

Still don't really see the point of that trade. I'm definitely never starting either of those guys over Colston as long as he's healthy.

Yeah thanks to both of you for helping me hash this out...I wasn't pursuing this trade, this guy just seems to really want the Texans D. I may try to up the ante on it...or decline.

btw- I neglected to mention, we do use the Flex position, so, if I did get Floyd or Holmes, they could be plugged in there, without benching Colston...

Edited by Buftex

I have been playing the match up game to much success in fantasy this year. There are good defenses every week on waivers that have a solid match up. Also on your waivers if Atlanta or Zona's D are out there you should grab them. I don't think I have ever seen a d for d trade.

As others have said though you aren't gaining much on the throw ins of floyd or holmes.

How about this trade I have offered:

Giving Mendenhall and Donald Brown

Getting Spiller

I have Mike Wallace on my team and would prefer not to have 2 steelers starting.

my rbs: forte, bradshaw, sproles, mendenhall, brown, tashard choice (waiver this week if fjax and spiller can't play)

my wrs: wallace, steve smith (car), calvin johnson, boldin

it's a 2 wr, 2rb, flex ppr league

After seeing the work load split I can't do this trade anymore. Spiller was def the 2nd back. Currently working on this one:

giving: peyton, donald brown, mendenhall

getting: rg3, michael bush, andre brown ( I have both forte and bradshaw so I would have both of my handcuffs)

hoping he accepts it and I don't see why he wouldn't. Mendenhall and Brown are both clear starters and past their byes. The 2 backs he would give up are backups and still have their bye. Should make up for the gap between RG3 and peyton (esp after yesterday)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.