ESPN Week 4 Power Rankings

PromoTheRobot

It's because people want respect before they've done anything to earn it. Win a few games against some quality teams and the Bills will start getting some respect. Question: What's Buffalo's record vs teams with a winning record over the past few years? I doubt it's too good. That alone would say to me that they're a bottom half team until they prove otherwise.

The part that bothers me isn't where the Bills are ranked - it's how "writers" can be paid good money to put out unresearched crap.

Then later on they will be referenced by other sources as "NFL reporter for ESPN.com" or somesuch, and it's forgotten that they are idiots.

I provided a long list just from this article - I did not include the Bills in my list at all.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, all things being equal I think a dominant DL is better to have than a dominant DB because they impact more plays. Defensive lineman are key both vs the run and pass, while DBs are much less important vs the run and are easier to scheme against. I like the Dareus pick very much. The only guy better in that draft would've been Cam Newton, IMO.

If you like D-linemen, then Aldon Smith (#7) and JJ Watt (#11) would also have been great selections.

But neither was ranked as highly as Dareus.

The thing about great DBs though is that they are always a threat to take it to the house.

For instance, I'd bet there's very few linemen that people would take over Ed Reed if they could re-do the 2002 draft.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_NFL_Draft

Peterson has the possibility of being an Ed Reed kind of player.

I wonder if you polled NFL GMs whether they would take Ed Reed or Julius Peppers.

Also, all things being equal I think a dominant DL is better to have than a dominant DB because they impact more plays. Defensive lineman are key both vs the run and pass, while DBs are much less important vs the run and are easier to scheme against. I like the Dareus pick very much. The only guy better in that draft would've been Cam Newton, IMO.

Jets built one of the best defenses in the league aroun a defensive back. Going into a game knowing you will shut down the oppositions #1 WR benefits all facets of your defense. My vision for Peterson was lining up at strong safety, which would further make him integral to run defense, as a 5th LB @ times. Kind of like how steelers use Troy polamulu, just bigger and faster. And of course if you make a mistake and he gets the ball in his hands, he'll take it to the house better than anyone since Deion

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack