AFC 1-7 Against NFC

Not that this trend will continue to such an extreme measure, but I do believe the NFC is the significantly better conference this year. The Niners, Packers and Falcons might be the league's three best teams, the Giants are wearing SB rings, and even last season's doormat teams (Rams, Skins, Cards, Vikes) are looking like upstarts.

So to sum up, is this an ideal season for the Bills to throw off the no-playoffs yoke?

Give it 8 weeks and lets see how the AFC does. A 2 week sampling is not a very good measuring stick. You have 3 light weights against teams with a far superior 2011 record. You have 2 light weights against each other and playoff teams against 8-8 teams. BTW two of these 8-8 teams almost took the NFC EAST.

* Chicago 41, Indianapolis 21

* Atlanta 40, Kansas City 24

* Philadelphia 17, Cleveland 16

Bad vs bad - is even

Minnesota 26, Jacksonville 23 (OT)

Indianapolis 23, Minnesota 20

Arizona 20, New England 18 - Oh GOD how I hope the end is here for the Putz dynasty

Philadelphia 24, Baltimore 23

Atlanta 27, Denver 21

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

In all honesty its too early to judge that.

The only "upset" result was Arizona's win.

home twams were 5-3.....

The NFC is stronger at the bottom of their divisions than the AFC.

the bottom 4 of the NFC...Washington, St Louis, Tampa Bay, and Minnesota are going to be competitive. In the AFC the bottom 4 are Miami, Cleveland, Indy, and Jacksonville where they all are in a rebuilding mode so right now they arent as good as the bottom 4 of the NFC.

Not that this trend will continue to such an extreme measure, but I do believe the NFC is the significantly better conference this year. The Niners, Packers and Falcons might be the league's three best teams, the Giants are wearing SB rings, and even last season's doormat teams (Rams, Skins, Cards, Vikes) are looking like upstarts.

So to sum up, is this an ideal season for the Bills to throw off the no-playoffs yoke?

I agree with everything that you say. This is the year for the Bills to make it in a wide-open AFC team. there will be some very good and upstart teams in the NFC who will not make the playoffs this year because it is such a strong conference.

Great news for the Bills. There are a bunch of teams in the AFC who now have a loss from a non-conference team. Hopefully the Bills can at least go 2-2 against the NFC West (which is no slouch anymore). However, it still is the conference games, especially divisional games, that are the most important. Winning those conference games will go a long way to putting us in a better position for a wild card spot through tie breakers (if necessary).

Edited by kabnt2005

Is the NFC stronger than the AFC? Quite possibly. Does that make this an ideal season for the Bills? I don't think so. We *might* have a slight edge playing the West, which was a weaker division last year but is looking pretty strong now, but I really think the most competition for a spot will come from our own division or the AFC North. With a division loss against the Jets, we're going to have to thrash the Dolphins both times and win at least one more division game to be in the running. The AFC north has cleveland at the lowest rung, but all of them they get to play the Chiefs and Raiders, as well as an aging Peyton Manning learning a new system.

I don't think the NFC is going to help with that too much.

Oh I agree, but .....

many in DC will disagree with that statement.

Week 2 has 5 undefeated teams. 3 in the NFC - Philly, Az and Atlanta (shown above) and 2 in the AFC - Houston (Miami, Jax) and SD (Raiders, Tenn).

San Fran is also undefeated.....2 will fal this week with ATL-SD and PHL-AZ games.

My rankings of teams was based on last years performance and their offseason moves.

If you look at interleague results the difference in results is based on the bottom teams of the league.

Washington will possibly be 7-9. Same Wit St Louis, and Tampa Bay seems to have improved. Minnesota is competitive.

On the AFC side you have teams going through a gut job and rebuild (Indy, Miami, cleveland, Jacksonville).