Romney's ridiculous comments on 47% of Americans

fjl2nd

He failed because from day 1 the GOP wanted him to fail!

Do I really need to find the quotes again as proof?

He failed in Killing Osama?

He failed in Killing 17 #2 of terrorist leaders?

He failed in preventing a GREAT depression?

He failed in keeping GM and Chrysler and numerous Banks alive and forced them to repay TARP?

He failed in freezing salaries in DC?

He failed in Passing Wall Street Reform? * see below

He failed in Ending the War in Iraq?

He failed in Toppling Moammar Gaddafi?

He failed in forcing Boosted Fuel Efficiency Standards?

He failed in Expanding Health Coverage for Children? - that Romney wants to keep

He failed in Health Coverage for pre existing illnesses? - that Romney wants to keep

To the Conservatives shoved in the corner - He failed in things because you believe the lies told about him.

* Signed the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (2010) to re-regulate the financial sector after its practices caused the Great Recession. The new law tightens capital requirements on large banks and other financial institutions, requires derivatives to be sold on clearinghouses and exchanges, mandates that large banks provide “living wills” to avoid chaotic bankruptcies, limits their ability to trade with customers’ money for their own profit, and creates the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (now headed by Richard Cordray) to crack down on abusive lending products and companies.

And you know what's absolutely hilarious? He didn't do any of that; somebody else made it happen. :lol:

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From day one with control of the Oval Office and both Houses??

Why does this point always escape BO supporters? In fairness, (seriously), Obama had the voter's mandate; both houses of congress and the 'affection' of most of the world when he took office. To argue the 'blocker' mentality is weak with respect to this particular presidency.

how is it that romney paid, what was it 12% or something on the tax return he made public? we can start with capital gains taxes. then move to loopholes for offshore accounts and investments, or just move to a blanket statement on moving income to less taxable investments as meazza said. get rid of these possibilities and they'll pay much more. hell, i'm all for a flat tax if the threshold allows for people in the bottom 50% to make ends meet. but it's not required. how bout a minimum percentage of all income on anyone making over 250k. those in the 250 - 500k range would probably not see much increase. people like romney would see a marked increase, as they should. but no, he's written off the bottom 47% before the election and is pandering to folks just like him. ya think that'll change if he wins?

Fundamentals. The US economy has great fundamentals. Rule of law, raw materials, food, our currency being the reserve currency, Wall Street(a huge asset, if properly understood by the non-deranged), etc. Therefore, even if we had a massive financial depression, on par with the 1930s....left to itself, the US economy WILL ALWAYS recover.

Therefore, the only question that remains, and the only thing the executive and legislative branch should be judged on is: how fast and how big does that recovery happen? For every single President/Congress: it's their game to lose. If they did nothing at all, there's a 80% chance that the economy will improve, and they can take credit.

But, what are we seeing here? The economy is being held back, like a 3rd grader who can't do long division. And you think that we should keep allowing that situation to continue? Moreover, you want to teach the 3rd grader about women's studies(and more social engineering), rather than focusing on the math that we know works?

Congress set capital gains and regular income tax rates at 28 percent in the bipartisan 1986 tax code overhaul signed by President Ronald Reagan. Subsequent cuts in the capital gains rates and increases in ordinary income rates led to today’s margin between the two.

You complain about people calling you an idiot...and then, you post this? :lol:

Has it even occurred to you...that other countries have a capital gains tax as well? Has it occurred to you that we live in a global economy now? Has it occurred to you that we MUST not only participate in the global economy, but also LEAD it? (Don't worry, you are not alone in this, a buttload of people haven't been able to conceive of this abstraction either, starting with Obama)

You are talking about what happened in 1986...when the Cold War was in full force, and half the world was suffering under centrally planned economies. And you wonder why you get called an idiot.

Want to stop being called an idiot? Familiarize yourself with what other countries, especially ones most likely to benefit from not having to play a balance game between the US and USSR for fear of being the next Vietnam, Nicaragua, etc.(um Brazil), have done to their capital gains taxes....since 1986. And then, determine the relationship between those countries who have lowered it, or removed it all together...and their respective economic growth trends, from 1986, to today, especially the last 2 years. Then, look at what has happened in Europe, since the end of WW2. While you are at it: investigate Venezuela's economic growth, since Chavez took over until today, and destroyed their fundamentals(no rule of law, government seizure of assets, etc.).

The reality is right there for you to grasp. Unless you choose to continue being an idiot.

Here's one that (unfortunately for the whole country) is NOT photoshopped

esq-obama-pirate-0912-xlg.jpg

The Pesident of the United States in his office yesterday.

"What happened, Bob?"

"Look, I told you that this diplomatic initiative wasn't going going to go over well with our Caribbean neighbors, Mr. President."

Well there you go. Let's put him on the outside and see if he fares any better. I think it's worth a shot.

What about CHANGE? Does Obama hate CHANGE now to?

Seriously, this is breaking Obama's #1 promise. He proposed to "change Washington" by his sheer awesomeness alone.

Now, his response to Romney crushing him on this is: "Uh....What kind of inside job is Romney talking about"? Really, Mr. President? You might as well have told Romney to take a long walk off a short peer...cool guy. :rolleyes:

romney-out-of-ammo.jpg

Yeah...the problem for you Joe....this is only from your perspective. Oh, no, Joe....it's that damn thing you hate so much...raw data:

"We see this with the now-infamous “47 percent” comment. Gallup described the statement and asked how it would affectrespondents’ votes. Twenty percent said it would make them more likely to vote for Romney, 36 percent said less likely, and 43 percent said it would make no difference. (So.....that's 63% that don't care Joe...and 36% who do, who were voting Obama anyway)

Drilling down to self-described Independents, 15 percent said it would make them more likely to support Romney, 29 percent less likely, and 53 percent said it would make no difference. You can try to sex that up (as Gallup did) to read that Independents say it makes them less likely to vote for Romney by a 2-1 margin, but you could just as easily say that three-quarters of independents say the gaffe makes no difference or helps Romney."

http://www.realclear...s_115513-3.html

So, yeah....he's shooting himself in the foot....with you. But, he doesn't care about you, because you were never going to give him a fair shot, and actually listen to what he had to say...anyway. Or, would you have us believe that there was ever a chance that you were going to vote for Romney? :lol:

We see this with the now-infamous “47 percent” comment. Gallup described the statement and asked how it would affectrespondents’ votes. Twenty percent said it would make them more likely to vote for Romney, 36 percent said less likely, and 43 percent said it would make no difference. (So.....that's 63% that don't care Joe...and 36% who do, who were voting Obama anyway)

Drilling down to self-described Independents, 15 percent said it would make them more likely to support Romney, 29 percent less likely, and 53 percent said it would make no difference. You can try to sex that up (as Gallup did) to read that Independents say it makes them less likely to vote for Romney by a 2-1 margin, but you could just as easily say that three-quarters of independents say the gaffe makes no difference or helps Romney."

http://www.realclear...s_115513-3.html

So, yeah....he's shooting himself in the foot....with you. But, he doesn't care about you, because you were never going to give him a fair shot, and actually listen to what he had to say...anyway. Or, would you have us believe that there was ever a chance that you were going to vote for Romney? :lol:

distilling your post down to it's essence, i'll answer succinctly: No. this was a catastrophic mistake and you not seeing that is nothing if not predictable. look at the senate races...good lord, even scott brown has lost ground. wake up and smell the coffee. mmmm, smells like jamaican blue mountain to me.

Edited by birdog1960

distilling your post down to it's essence, i'll answer succinctly: No. this was a catastrophic mistake and you not seeing that is nothing if not predictable. look at the senate races...good lord, even scott brown has lost ground. wake up and smell the coffee. mmmm, smells like jamaican blue mountain to me.

It was only a catastrophic mistake...for people like you birdog. The data is clear, right in front of your nose. 75% of independents don't care or like what Romney said about you. Own that, and stop pretending like Romney had a chance to get your vote.

Also, stop ducking my response to you, and answering PastaJoe's instead. His assignment is his, yours is yours.

This is a non event, just like the You Didn't Build That flap.

Gets the other side's base riled up and provides fodder to the late nite comedians but won't have any real effect on the race

You do get style points however for your use of succinctly. That's a word not used enough. But I guess that's kind of a good thing since most people would screw it up anyways.

Bad news, Skippy...America is tired of people living on the dole. This is not the gaffe you think it is, and the ONLY people who think it is a gaffe are the people in your liberal bubble who need just seven more things to waste America's time with until the election is here.

Conservatives are already cheering this side of Mitt, and it will absolutely bite you all on the ass. Be careful what you wish for.

What are you Rush's secret gay servant? Christ, I didn't hear a racist comment this time, proud of you. Now climb back on Mitts golden d*ck. You think he cares about you? Its a popularity contest to this guy , obviously.

What are you Rush's secret gay servant? Christ, I didn't hear a racist comment this time, proud of you. Now climb back on Mitts golden d*ck. You think he cares about you? Its a popularity contest to this guy , obviously.

This is the 2nd post that I've seen you referring to Mitt's dick. That's pretty weak, but also calling someone a "gay servant"? My only conclusion is that you suck.