Quotes like this don't inspire hope...

Simple mathematics in Sunday's game.

The Bills almost never blitzed - sending 4 rushers on almost every play.

The Jets protection plan called mostly for the tight end or running back to stay and help - leaving 6 blockers on almost every play.

That left 7 Bills defenders against 4 Jets receivers... Almost double coverage on EVERY receiver.

On top of that, the Jets used mostly 2-3 step drops, meaning receivers only had a few seconds to beat coverage.

Yet the Bills managed to leave receivers WIDE OPEN on virtually every play.

It might have been the worst performance by a secondary that I have ever witnessed in 25+ years of watching the NFL.

Exactly right

Lots of angst over Fitzgerald and the Dline but the story really should have been the secondary. Some plain out getting beat but lots of times where the scheme was ridiculous

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That goddamn cushion killed us last year and is killing us this year.

I have no idea why we keep slogging away at ideas that clearly don't work. If it didn't work the 76th time you've tried it...

That loss is on the coaches more than the players. I know the players get paid to perform but that cushion is another example in a long list of examples of really horrible coaching decisons.

You're telling me that if the average fan saw it being exploited, experienced NFL coaches could not?