We just lost a WR, so the Bills sign a RB???

PromoTheRobot

Technically both Dorin Dickerson and Brad Smith are supposedly able to play RB as well as WR, as they have in their past, as well as receiver, argument could be made that we have 2 more capable for emergency fill in there as well. But agree, is more vital to make sure have enough RB's if want to field a traditional set consistently, than be able to flood the field with capable receivers in most cases.

Not that would consider White a more capable back the Dickerson, but he has put more time into learning the position in the offseason so if just looking for a body to fill the position, guess better to get one that is familiar with the plays, than one capable of actually picking up yards.

Bingo on your identifying Dorin Dickerson as a guy who may come out of this seeing a lot more use in our"new" injury forced O.

Dickerson and Smith are two of the few Bills officially placed on the depth chart at other positions but were clearly destined for other use from what we saw of their use in pre-season and practices. It would not surprise me at all to see Dickerson with his 4.4 40 clock speed (amazing for his FB/TE size) lined up outside. Gailey requires all his WRs to knw each other's positions, my positions and it will not surprise me if the Nelson injury forces us to use Dickerson as a WR.

There is also an interesting quandary in that one of the thngs Gailey seemed to have liked to do in his past lives is get talented players the ball in space. I had thought last year we would see more use of Spiller as a WR than we did.

The RB situation is much lessened with the loss of Jackson so simply using Spiller as an RB would seem to be dictated but still we may see him shifting out to WR more.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone gets the numbers thing...but the Bills decision to go with 4 wideouts on Sunday didn't work out so well...and now they are going with 4 again, and one apparenlty is "not ready" for the NFL... they dressed Dorin Dickerson last week, and I am not even sure if he even stepped on the field..maybe he did, but he certainly wasn't noticeable. Unless they plan on using Dickerson as a receiver some (wouldn't last week have been ideal for that?), why have two fullbacks dressed? Just seems this would be the ideal time to not only accellerate TJ Grahams development, but Marcus Easley as well.

I don't think the number of wide receivers is an issue. It's the quality.