Bills camp 8/3

here is what I saw today. Fitzy was in total control and accurate. Young doesn't move his feet after he sets, so if the primary wr is not open he throws awkwardly in a different direction. Very inaccurate. At WR Hagen, Clowney and Jones all looked very good. Clowney really impressed me. Brock was a surprise at TE. Fred looked as good as ever. He took a screen pass and exploded like we are accustomed to seeing. Then he ran a route from motion in the red zone that didn't look like a normal route, but Fitz knew exactly where he would be (TD). McKillup looked too slow and Tank too small. The real story was Gilmore. I spent the most time watching him. When he knew who he was covering, he was good ( although he did get turned around twice). The scary thing was 50% of the time he didn't seem to know who to cover. Both in zone coverage as well as facing trips, he frequently ended up doubling someone and leaving a guy open, I deduced that it was his fault because a coach kept talking to him. Not time to panic, its early. But it was concerning. Lastly, Eddins and Jasper went at it. Not sure what started it but Eddins was out of his mind pissed. It was hottttttt there.

It's amazing how little attention Clowney gets in the media (and on here!). Most articles you read about the Bills WRs and their lack of a #2 don't even mention Clowney, positive or negative, as if he isn't even there. I think that what we have heard about him since becoming a Bill is impressive. He seems to be Vince Young's favorite target (for whatever that's worth). And, he has a great attitude. I love how much emphasis Nix/Gailey put on character. It makes me proud to be a Bills fan. That may also partially explain his treatment under the Jets. They don't tend to concern themselves with character issues one way or the other. Clowney was in a tenuous situation in Jersey and I suspect his abilities are better than his Jets career would suggest.

So, what is it about Clowney? Why no love?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing how little attention Clowney gets in the media (and on here!). Most articles you read about the Bills WRs and their lack of a #2 don't even mention Clowney, positive or negative, as if he isn't even there. I think that what we have heard about him since becoming a Bill is impressive. He seems to be Vince Young's favorite target (for whatever that's worth). And, he has a great attitude. I love how much emphasis Nix/Gailey put on character. It makes me proud to be a Bills fan. That may also partially explain his treatment under the Jets. They don't tend to concern themselves with character issues one way or the other. Clowney was in a tenuous situation in Jersey and I suspect his abilities are better than his Jets career would suggest.

So, what is it about Clowney? Why no love?

Quit Clowney around.

Congrats on the retirement, does this mean you'll be writing us a report on camp everyday??? :lol: haha but really good luck, thanks for your service

Much thanks! Boy I would sure love to write about the Bills everyday

Thanks for the update.

I'm ex-army myself but can still appreciate a salty old jar head. So... thank you for courageously and honorably serving our country!

Your welcome and thanks for your service too