Oh, no Stevie, not more celebration planning

I hope you're kidding, Stevie.

Planning Celebrations

Please, just don't. Don't. IF you want to make your mark, put out a rap number in your off-time. Bounce into the stands, slide back out, do a little hiphop move, whatever is non-controversial.

Stop trying to push the envelope on the celebration thing.

If it isn't excessive in one city with one ref crew, you never know what may be excessive with another city and ref crew.

Higher risk of injury actually climbing over the wall, what if the popcorn disagrees with your digestion, no. NO!

Chan, talk to the man. Just no. No no no.

Edited by Hopeful

I hope you're kidding, Stevie.

Planning Celebrations

Please, just don't. Don't. IF you want to make your mark, put out a rap number in your off-time. Bounce into the stands, slide back out, do a little hiphop move, whatever is non-controversial.

Stop trying to push the envelope on the celebration thing.

If it isn't excessive in one city with one ref crew, you never know what may be excessive with another city and ref crew.

Higher risk of injury actually climbing over the wall, what if the popcorn disagrees with your digestion, no. NO!

Chan, talk to the man. Just no. No no no.

would you mind changing your title? I thought he was injured.

As to the subject matter, let's worry about this if he gets a penalty. Otherwise, this is small potatoes....

As to the subject matter, let's worry about this if he gets a penalty. Otherwise, this is small potatoes....

How did that title imply he was injured?

Anything involving Stevie J is clown-based humor or involves some "b" rated rap video...

I've never done it, but just for you I'll try. Edit: Success! "Full Editor" is da bomb here.

I guess I disagree on the "let's wait until he gets a penalty to worry".

The problem IMO is he seems determined to push the envelope, and when you push the envelope you put yourself in a spot where it's not a penalty in Cincinnati one week but it is a penalty in NE 8 weeks later (or whatever).

Edited by Hopeful

I worry about it too. But if he looks into the rules more then I don't think he will draw another penalty.

This is the "please don't eat the daisies" problem (the kids weren't breaking mom's rules, because she never thought to say "please don't eat the daisies"). The words are deliberately vague, with only a few things clear cut.

Here is the actual wording of the rule:

TAUNTING

© The use of baiting or taunting acts or words that engender ill will between teams.

(d) Individual players involved in prolonged or excessive celebrations. Players are prohibited from

engaging in any celebrations while on the ground. A celebration shall be deemed excessive or

prolonged if a player continues to celebrate after a warning from an official.

(e) Two-or-more players engage in prolonged, excessive, premeditated, or choreographed celebrations.

(f) Possession or use of foreign or extraneous object(s) that are not part of the uniform during the game

on the field or the sideline, or using the ball as a prop.

Let's say that lil' Stevie decides he's going to do the Buffalo Bounce up on the wall - and then have a seat and eat some popcorn.

Officiating Team #1 thinks it's funny, and not particularly excessive.

Officiating Team #2 thinks "man, we don't want this train to gain momentum or what next?" and says "the time spent in the stands was excessive, and the popcorn he ate constituted use of a foreign or extraneous object".

Edited by Hopeful