You want a position to worry about?

There was nothing hard about Chan's decision in 2010. Fitz was BY FAR the worst QB all summer long. He was the worst in OTAa, mini-camp, and regular training camp and he did little to distinguish himself in the pre-season games. Levi Brown was better. 'Nuff said.

But while Fitz was finding his game he was doing all those little things that a good team leader does around the locker room. It's nice that his game is catching up to his intangibles.

GO BILLS!!!

Now this really interests me, K-9. It might be above and beyond the call, but do you have any links? Any specifics?

What I remember was that Chan kept claiming there was no clear winner to the competition (until the end of training camp), and that while Fitz and Brohm sucked, Edwards pretty much sucked too.

I couldn't find statistics for Edwards - I think you have to throw more than 14 passes to have statistics kept.

Trent threw for 56.4% completions, 1 TD, 1 INT. Brohm threw for a 56.8% completions, 0 TD, 1 INT. Fitz threw for 65.2% completions, 2 TD, 0 INT

That kinda backs up what I recall Chan as having said, but it doesn't seem as though Fitz was by far the worst QB in preseason games.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baloney, Chan Gailey reported to the media that it was a very close race between Fitz, Brohm and Edwards.

""Gailey says he has never seen a big difference between Edwards and Fitzpatrick (and for that matter Brian Brohm) and therefore doesn't see it as a big deal to make a switch.""

http://profootballta...much-different/

"Levi Brown was better" Where do you guys get this stuff, make it up as you go? Brown was never even in the starting QB equation, and was cut before the season even started. Brown wasn't even signed to the practice squad, that is how little they thought of him. Then after the Bills cut Trent Edwards the Bills resigned Brown and he served as the teams 3rd QB.

Thanks for the clarification. I meant to say Brohm instead of Levi Brown.

But nobody is making up anything, regardless of what Gailey said at the time. It was obvious to regular camp attendees, including OTAs and mini-camp, some reporters, and some personnel guys that attended camp and watched him on a regular basis that summer, that Fitz was having the worst camp of the QBs on the roster in 2010. That's not saying much because no QB had a great pre-season. Edwards was the least of three evils, that's all. And that's why it was easy for Gailey to select him as QB.

Do you somehow think Gailey was giving Fitz a ringing endorsement when he said there really wasn't that much difference between Edwards, Fitz, and Brohm?

You can say Gailey made a huge blunder naming Edwards as his starter all you want. He went with what he thought was best. That doesn't make him stupid. What would make him stupid is if he didn't nip it in the bud when he named Fitz the starter after two games in 2010. Stupid coaches often let their pride in personnel decisions get in the way of making changes. Especially after only a couple games. Especially at the QB position.

GO BILLS!!!

Thanks for the clarification. I meant to say Brohm instead of Levi Brown.

But nobody is making up anything, regardless of what Gailey said at the time. It was obvious to regular camp attendees, including OTAs and mini-camp, some reporters, and some personnel guys that attended camp and watched him on a regular basis that summer, that Fitz was having the worst camp of the QBs on the roster in 2010. That's not saying much because no QB had a great pre-season. Edwards was the least of three evils, that's all. And that's why it was easy for Gailey to select him as QB.

Do you somehow think Gailey was giving Fitz a ringing endorsement when he said there really wasn't that much difference between Edwards, Fitz, and Brohm?

You can say Gailey made a huge blunder naming Edwards as his starter all you want. He went with what he thought was best. That doesn't make him stupid. What would make him stupid is if he didn't nip it in the bud when he named Fitz the starter after two games in 2010. Stupid coaches often let their pride in personnel decisions get in the way of making changes. Especially after only a couple games. Especially at the QB position.

GO BILLS!!!

Read the fans response at that time that I posted in my edit:

"Don't see a big difference? I'm a FAN and I can see a BIG difference. That comment alone makes me wonder WTF is going on at 1 Bills Drive. Trentative Checkwards is too scared to throw anything over 15 yards. Fitzy will throw bombs all day long, though his knock is he's not too accurate. Though I do agree with the change they made. Fitzy gives us a better chance to at least compete in games. Edwards under center just means a blow out. Brohm is the enigma, wrapped in a mystery. I wouldn't be suprised if we see him by the end of the season though."

Gailey is a supposed QB guru and with all his experience as OC and HC how does he make a choice of a broken QB over Fitz? Even DC Perry Fewell was smart enough to see that Fitz was the better choice in 09 when he benched Edwards for Fitz.

This QB issue was a critical mistake in my view and part of the reason for a 4-12 painful season, and should not be passed over lightly. Perhaps it doesn't make him stupid in your view, it sure does in my view. Considering Edwards got most of the reps in training camp and preseason only to be cut after 2 regular season games. The entire off season was wasted on a broken QB.

(edit)

I'm still pulling for Gailey to field a winning team and hold out hope that he is able to beat the other teams in the AFC East on a consistent basis.

Edited by Fear the Beard

I was overly defensive. the peeing remark was sandwiched between "quitting" and "temper tantrum," so I took it the wrong the way. No harm done. Personally I think Young could still be a starter somewhere in the NFL. Probably not in Buffalo barring a disaster. But folks can improve themselves. VY might get another chance to be a starter. someday

I hope he makes good in B'lo as the #2, I hope if he gets the call to play he shines, and I think if he does both, he will get another chance to start in the NFL.

I hope he makes good in B'lo as the #2, I hope if he gets the call to play he shines, and I think if he does both, he will get another chance to start in the NFL.

Now I see why you answer to "Hopeful."

and I'm right there with you. Go Bills!