Wireless HDMI Suggestions

/dev/null

This will probably get bumped to Consumer Digest, but it's worth starting here

Anyone have suggestions for a wireless HDMI receiver I can hook up to one of my DirecTV boxes so I can watch TV in my bedroom without having to run cable?

This will probably get bumped to Consumer Digest, but it's worth starting here

Anyone have suggestions for a wireless HDMI receiver I can hook up to one of my DirecTV boxes so I can watch TV in my bedroom without having to run cable?

We are about to move into a condo so this could be a great solution allowing us to put a tv anywhere without having to worry so much about where the cable jacks are.

i had these units set up and they worked great. had the base unit in the living room and the receiver out of way in the attic running an hdmi cable through a ceiling mount to a projector. the signal occasionally confused the projector but image was as good as hard wired hdmi once it recognized it. power failures were a problem as well as sometimes i'd have to go to the attic to reset. no big deal. brite view didn't have units that could talk to more than 1 box when i got mine. that would be nice if you have more than 2 tvs. they might have it by now. they have a very good website with faq's. i'll note that the price hasn't dropped any in a couple years. there's a couple other manufacterers but this got the best overall reviews at avs forum (always a good place to look for info on consumer electronics).

i had these units set up and they worked great. had the base unit in the living room and the receiver out of way in the attic running an hdmi cable through a ceiling mount to a projector. the signal occasionally confused the projector but image was as good as hard wired hdmi once it recognized it. power failures were a problem as well as sometimes i'd have to go to the attic to reset. no big deal. brite view didn't have units that could talk to more than 1 box when i got mine. that would be nice if you have more than 2 tvs. they might have it by now. they have a very good website with faq's. i'll note that the price hasn't dropped any in a couple years. there's a couple other manufacterers but this got the best overall reviews at avs forum (always a good place to look for info on consumer electronics).

Unit looks pretty cool as it allows to to keep your regular wired connection, but then wirelessly bridge the signal elsewhere. My question is how do you change channels from the remote unit?

Unit looks pretty cool as it allows to to keep your regular wired connection, but then wirelessly bridge the signal elsewhere. My question is how do you change channels from the remote unit?

there's a transponder, i think, that does what you want. never used it as it controlled only 1 tv in the same room in my application. one of the engineers for brite view monitors the threads at avs forum dealing with their products. you can ask him there or at the forums on the co web site.

one other minor problem i had was extreme cold in the attic - it doesn't work well in it. and this was confirmed by brite view. the problem i had with recognition was that sometimes the picture would scale at the wrong resolution (usually 480p) instead of 1080p but i could fix it by toggling back and forth between cable box and bluray input options on the unit. never figured out if that was a problem with my receiver of the wireless hdmi box. i still have this happen rarely with a hard wired set up. anyway, overall it works well and i wouldn't let those issues stop you. their customer service is great too.

Edited by birdog1960