Oldest Living Pro Football Hall of Famers

I worked in an NFL shop in the early 1990's, and a man and his friend came into look around. He saw the helmets cased on top of the displays, and mentioned he had played in the NFL.

I asked him what it was like, and who he was- at this time he seemed to be a little slow and showed signs of playing the game in an era before advanced helmet protection.

He turned out to be Clarence "Ace" Parker, a legend in the 30's and 40's. Now, this man who seemed to be affected by the NFL is STILL the oldest living NFL HOFer, amazingly now 100 years old.

http://www.oldestlivingprofootball.com/oldestlivingproplayers.htm

Where is Ralph Wilson on the list? At 93 he is 15th for pro football and 3rd for the HOF, and still going! What an amazing list.

Edited by BmoreBills

I have a picture with Y.A. Tittle when I was visiting the hall of fame. He was sitting in a chair all by himself, nobody knew who he was. Got to be 85-86 now.

I always remember the picture of him on the sideline, helmet off and bald, with the blood on his head... hard to forget it. I would have recognized him, but I'm old. :P

I always remember the picture of him on the sideline, helmet off and bald, with the blood on his head... hard to forget it. I would have recognized him, but I'm old. :P

I won't lie here, I didn't know who he was either till a Balitmore fan asked for an autograph as he was leaving the hall.