Louisiana Rep. Valarie Hodges: the new "Face of Terror"

lol what a dumbass: "When I Voted for State Funds to go to Religious Schools, I Didn’t Mean Muslim Ones"

Link

I love it when atheists reveal their own bigotry while preaching of the bigotry of religious folk.

EDIT: This is probably better off in the PPP

Edited by Buff_bills4ever

From the article:

"Rep. Hodges made the mistake of saying out loud what most conservative Christians only say to themselves to private: When they say they want “religious freedom,” they’re only referring to their own faith. Everyone else can fend for themselves.

Message to Rep. Hodges: Your Christian privilege is showing."

This is all you need to know about the author's prejudices.

From the article:

"Rep. Hodges made the mistake of saying out loud what most conservative Christians only say to themselves to private: When they say they want “religious freedom,” they’re only referring to their own faith. Everyone else can fend for themselves.

Message to Rep. Hodges: Your Christian privilege is showing."

This is all you need to know about the author's prejudices.

True. The author shouldn't have generalized like that. There probably are a lot of people that feel this way though.

Edited by fjl2nd

I wonder what this Conservative Christian's position is in regards to EBTs, Medicaid, SNAP, and other forms of redistribution of wealth.

Because using tax money from non Christians to pay for Christian schools, well that's different :rolleyes:

I am in favor of vouchers tho. Education in America is all about funding so each child is assigned a dollar value (because that's all your bundle of joy really is to the state). The parents can select any school, public or private, within the state to send their dollar value. If the state deems your child worth $5,000 and you select a school who values children at $4,000, the unused $1,000 is returned to the state's general fund. If the school values children at $6,000, families are responsible to pay the remainder. Transportation to and from school is the responsibility of the parent. Keep a few cheese buses for field trips. Schools should also have the right to decline applications

Yeah it's the author's fault that woman's own words and voting record make her out to be a biogoted, Christian-elitist dumbass. :blink:

Must be a page out of the O'Reilly Culture Warrior's playbook: when another warrior's been exposed and is going down, distract, distract, distract!

For all your Judeo-Christian "ethicists", here's the same story from The New Republic, known to be popular within the Jewish-American community: Link

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Yeah it's the author's fault that woman's own words and voting record make her out to be a biogoted, Christian-elitist dumbass. :blink:

Must be a page out of the O'Reilly Culture Warrior's playbook: when another warrior's been exposed and is going down, distract, distract, distract!

For all your Judeo-Christian "ethicists", here's the same story from The New Republic, known to be popular within the Jewish-American community: Link

No, try and concentrate Joe.

Rep. Hodges is responsible for her actions,

and the author IS responsible for inserting their own anti-Christian bigotry into the article.

as are you.

Listen to yourself. You're sounding like a mini version of the author.

Lol. Somehow I knew you would say that.

We all generalize but the author took a little far. I'm just pointing out that there are people who believe what this woman believes.

No, try and concentrate Joe.

Rep. Hodges is responsible for her actions,

and the author IS responsible for inserting their own anti-Christian bigotry into the article.

as are you.

NO problem with Christians.

BIG problem with a politician trying to use the authority and resources of the government for their religious agenda.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Everyone knows that all Christians are judgmental bigots and only Christians are bigots - judgmental or otherwise.

Atheists are especially immune from the stigma of judgmental bigotry. They're technically superior in that way.