Advice from any old pros

OGTEleven

I'm in town and want to go to the game. Our trip wasn't scheduled until recently so we can't use the tickets I usually get.

I'd like to go to the game and I'm only looking for a single seat.

Does anyone have advice for picking up a single ticket before the game. I would think they'd get cheaper closer to gametime and it will probably help that it's a single, but I haven't bought a ticket this way before.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

If your looking for a cheap ticket, you most likely won't get one. The scalpers will be charging at least face value and I doubt they'll even be that low. Pierson Prioleau told me HE couldn't even get all the tickets he wanted.

Look for someone who is stuck with an extra ticket holding up one near the entrances to the stadium. Most of the time it's a middle aged guy with kids or family near by just trying to get his money back because his brother couldn't make it. If you can't find one go to the professional scalpers who will be charging higher. If it's raining heavily the price will come down. Hunt for the bargains around 12 from the stuck guy, wait until after 12:30 to go to the pro scalpers.

I'm in town and want to go to the game.  Our trip wasn't scheduled until recently so we can't use the tickets I usually get.

Does anyone have advice for picking up a single ticket before the game.  I would think they'd get cheaper closer to gametime and it will probably help that it's a single, but I haven't bought a ticket this way before.

Thanks.

186698[/snapback]

On 20A, just off 219 there is always 2-3 guys with a bunch of tickets. Those are the pros, but often in the same stretch of road will be someone with one or two tickets. Years ago before I had seasons, I had a small sign "need ticket" for the rare time I didn't get a ticket before hand. I would hang out around the fieldhouse...worked every time. There's always someone that has an extra ticket; you just have to make people aware that your in need of one. One more thing, I've never had a regular fan charge more than face value, in fact most of the time much lower. Good luck !!

I'm in town and want to go to the game.  Our trip wasn't scheduled until recently so we can't use the tickets I usually get.

Does anyone have advice for picking up a single ticket before the game.  I would think they'd get cheaper closer to gametime and it will probably help that it's a single, but I haven't bought a ticket this way before.

Thanks.

186698[/snapback]

Wait as close to the game as possible. You'll get a club seat for about 20 bucks. Best seats are usually the people that are no shows. Just act and be confident. :pirate:

Wait as close to the game as possible.  You'll get a club seat for about 20 bucks.  Best seats are usually the people that are no shows. Just act and be confident. :pirate:

186878[/snapback]

for this game this might be a little risky. wait until 5 minutes after kickoff. you'll get $10 tickets. will miss the opening kickoff but end up watching pretty much the whole game for 10 bucks.

dumb story (and this definitely won't happen to you).

I went to the dolphins game 3 years ago just after thanksgiving. Tons of extra tickets around. Bought 2 tickets for $30 total, got to the seats and they weren't together (stupid me). Walked out of the stadium and bought 2 more tickets (this time together) for $15 total.