2012 Fanatasy Football

Buftex

So, this forum doesn't seem very active. I realize we are about 6 weeks from NFL pre-season... what do you guys, who are serious FF players, do in the off-season to prepare for the upcoming season. I used to do very well in FF, but the last two years or so it has been a bit more of struggle. Last year, had my worst year ever. I only play in one league, occasionally two. The one I play in every year is for substantial cash prize ($1,000 to $1,150 normally), the other just to be polite. I want to get back in the winning groove...recommendations?

Stop being bad at fantasy football.

Thanks... :rolleyes:

Acutally, I posted this thread before I got a chance to finish it...what I meant to ask, was there any particular websites that any of the serious FF players use as reference? Smart ass!

• 3 weeks later...

So, this forum doesn't seem very active. I realize we are about 6 weeks from NFL pre-season... what do you guys, who are serious FF players, do in the off-season to prepare for the upcoming season. I used to do very well in FF, but the last two years or so it has been a bit more of struggle. Last year, had my worst year ever. I only play in one league, occasionally two. The one I play in every year is for substantial cash prize ($1,000 to $1,150 normally), the other just to be polite. I want to get back in the winning groove...recommendations?

You have to follow the draft closely. There always seems to be a few running backs and wide reievers that come out of college and end up seeing a good amount of playing time. Other than that you pretty much have to watch the injury report in the preseason. I am in 2 highly competitive leagues myself.

Thanks... :rolleyes:

Acutally, I posted this thread before I got a chance to finish it...what I meant to ask, was there any particular websites that any of the serious FF players use as reference? Smart ass!

Fantasy Index is a really good site. You can actually put your leagues scoring in and they will rank your players accorddingly. I think a cheat sheet is like $8. They have a season package that you can purchase as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Check out fantasyfootball calculator and do some mock drafts - they're quick and easy. That will give you a rough idea where players are being taken. Tinker those or any rankings to your personal preference and make a draft board using tiers.

You say you haven't done well lately but really who cares whether you finish 3rd or 7th. Take some risks to win it. I don't mean something stupid like taking Cam Newton 1st overall. But like if I'm deciding between Wes Welker and AJ Green in the 3rd round I'm taking the guy with Megatron-like skills every time even if Welker has a >50% chance of having the better year. Ya know, upside.

FF is a lot like sex & poker in that everyone thinks they're better than they are. A lot of guys who brag about all the leagues they've won play in like 17 leagues every year so it really means nothing. There is a ton of luck involved, particularly in 1 and done playoff scenerios. It's your team so do what you want.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.