Mularkey and paint ball

He canceled practice one day to take the Bills out to the movies when he was here. Still stikes me as just silly.

Why is that silly? I think paintball and movies are a good thing. They're still together as a team, but without the pressures of work. I know I take my team out to lunch and a movie a couple of times a year and it really helps with morale and bonding. Remember one of the keys to Buffalo's winning years was the friendships - everyone hung out together. I suspect that's what he's trying to foster.

Why is that silly? I think paintball and movies are a good thing. They're still together as a team, but without the pressures of work. I know I take my team out to lunch and a movie a couple of times a year and it really helps with morale and bonding. Remember one of the keys to Buffalo's winning years was the friendships - everyone hung out together. I suspect that's what he's trying to foster.

:thumbsup:

He canceled practice one day to take the Bills out to the movies when he was here. Still stikes me as just silly.

Yea, I think players appreciate stuff like that. A lot of coaches do it. New Orleans had the water park injury a few years ago and also did paintball. Many point to those trips as turning points in bringing the team together. If he won it would be celebrated. Sadly he's still our most accomplished coach in over a decade and getting another shot at HC in the nfl

Edited by NoSaint

Like the guy a few posts above mine. I too take my team out. Paintball, movies, lunches, dinners, sport events including bills games, golfing, we did a softball team one year, skiing, out on my boat, you name it.

Its all about bonding a group, become friends in and outta work and soon that team building is working wonderfully in and outta work. Its more of a well operating family, than co workers that just show up.

great approach.. also done by thomas edison, henry ford, john quincy adams, andrew carnegy and other big time leaders

Like the guy a few posts above mine. I too take my team out. Paintball, movies, lunches, dinners, sport events including bills games, golfing, we did a softball team one year, skiing, out on my boat, you name it.

Its all about bonding a group, become friends in and outta work and soon that team building is working wonderfully in and outta work. Its more of a well operating family, than co workers that just show up.

great approach.. also done by thomas edison, henry ford, john quincy adams, andrew carnegy and other big time leaders

Yeah right- Ford bonded with his workers through antiSemitic rants. And Carnegie let Henry clay frick get attacked instead of himself because he wanted to bond with his workers so much... at least he could get along with books. Big time leaders pshaww

You gotta be joking. The approach by Edison sure worked on Tesla!