jarron gilbert, does he have a legit chance?

In Chris Brown's recent fan friday (in case you don't know, Chris Brown is Buffalo Bill's media, writer, team reporter) he claims Carrington is currently a DE in Wanny's scheme, but who could kick in on obvious passing downs, much like the Giants have done with their rotation and pressure packages. So, Gilbert might not have Carrington to compete with. I say, if the kid has it, and he shows even a little high end potential, they'll probably decide to keep him over another player who might be more refined, but also more defined, in a limited potential way.

Here's the link to the fan friday: http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/05/25/fan-friday-5-25/

Thank you for posting this. I don't know where the Carrington is a DT came from. He is going to be the third or fourth DE in a rotation with Merriman behind Anderson and Williams. I still think Merriman will get some snaps at OLB lining up outside either Williams or Anderson in passing situations. Will rush 85-90% of the time but will drop in zone coverage just enough to keep defenses guessing.

Troup makes the team as I think he is the only guy with size enough to play in goal line and short yardage situations along with Dareus. If his back is right, he will be a contributor this year.

the only sacks danny batten will be administering are the ones he produces after asking 'paper or plastic?'

Agreed

Edited by Dadonkadonk

I don't know where the Carrington is a DT came from.

It comes from the fact (that has been repeated numerous times on this forum and even in this thread) that Carrington is listed as a DT on the Bills roster.

For someone who spends a lot of time here, I'm surprised you didn't know that.

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster.html

It comes from the fact (that has been repeated numerous times on this forum and even in this thread) that Carrington is listed as a DT on the Bills roster.

For someone who spends a lot of time here, I'm surprised you didn't know that.

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster.html

Honestly I never saw him listed at DT before you pointed it out. You got me but I still don't see him playing DT. If he is going to compete at DT then I don't think he will make the team. And then I don't understand the DE spots. Are they counting on Merriman's ankle to be the primary back-up at both DE spots. Carrington played DE his entire college career and was drafted to be a 3-4 DE. He was an accomplished outside pass rusher from a lower tier conference not a space occupying big man in the trenches.

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly I never saw him listed at DT before you pointed it out. You got me but I still don't see him playing DT. If he is going to compete at DT then I don't think he will make the team. And then I don't understand the DE spots. Are they counting on Merriman's ankle to be the primary back-up at both DE spots. Carrington played DE his entire college career and was drafted to be a 3-4 DE. He was an accomplished outside pass rusher from a lower tier conference not a space occupying big man in the trenches.

DT's in this system are not space eaters. They shoot gaps and attack.

carrington is a potential monster. hes a beast imo. he wasnt a 43 de last year, he was a 34 de. he played regular dt in 4 man fronts rushing the passer...

carrington and heard are locked in as backups. no way johnson or edwards stay as a 5th dt making that money. inactives dont make that, and they wont cut heard or carrington. that would make no sense.

that 5dt spot will be between, troup, dotson, ross, and gilbert. i think gilbert wins that job...

No way are Carrington and Heard locks as backups. Johnson and Edwards were way more productive as players last season.

No way are Carrington and Heard locks as backups. Johnson and Edwards were way more productive as players last season.

there are no lockups beyond W&MD.

Great place to be as a team having to cut good players, but sucks because i really like most of these guys. Edwards will most likely to go to a 3-4 team, but i still think he could be darn good rotation for the wanny 4-3 for awhile longer

1340149389[/url]' post='2489049']

there are no lockups beyond W&MD.

Great place to be as a team having to cut good players, but sucks because i really like most of these guys. Edwards will most likely to go to a 3-4 team, but i still think he could be darn good rotation for the wanny 4-3 for awhile longer

Edwards will most likely make this Bills team. While most say he's a 3-4 DE, those people have never seem him play in a 4-3, because he hasn't. I think we keep him and he's the first DT off the bench for us. If we could use his cap money THIS season, I could see him being cut, but as it is, we cannot and our team is better off with him, than without him.