Gilmore & Glenn High Bust Potential?

3putt

But I still think Nawrocki's "scouting report" was preposterous.

I have no axe to grind with Newton. But that last link I posted--from a Panthers fan site, no less :worthy: --hits on exactly the points Nawrocki was eluding to in his profile...

Fun reading...

Edited by Lurker

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was not very high on Newton..But he certainly surprised me his rookie year. The stuff the guy wrote in the scouting report...was...well..-should have been couched in more rspectful language. I don't have a problem with a guy being honest with an opinion .Speculating on what the results of his being on your team;esp in such a negative manner crosses the line a bit .

Really? An Olineman who can play all positions and a DB with elite size and speed have high bust potential? link:http://www.profootballweekly.com/

Of course they do. . .remember who drafted them. If the Cheaters of New England drafted them the media would be getting ready to shine their already made busts for Canton. But because it's the Bills. . .they will be draft busts.

Remember, the Mario Williams signing also does nothing, according to the media. The Bills are a bad team with or without Mario Williams.

The anti-Bills bias has never stopped in the national football media.

If it isn't the Giants, Patriots, Jets, Steelers, Cowboys, Saints, Bears, Packers or the darling of the current season, everyone else is garbage!

Anyways, we've kind of hijacked the thread… apologies.

I'll have a hard time holding Nawrocki in the same esteem knowing what he wrote about Newton.

And the Nawrocki piece which is the subject of this topic is ridiculous, IMO.

We have hijacked the thread, haven't we. :oops:

Anyway, as I said before, the Narwocki video that's the subject of this thread is a recap of what "others around the league" (scouts, GMs, etc.) have said--NOT his own opinion. Just as what he wrote about Newton was what his league sources were saying about his personality (not his athletic ability) prior to the draft.

I'm not sure why this distinction is such a hard thing to get one's arms around...

I'm not sure why this distinction is such a hard thing to get one's arms around...

It's not hard to understand at all.

What also needs to be understood is that all these guys (Mayock, KIper, McShay, etc) get most of their information from NFL guys and then they decide what to use or not use.

A person in the media is a gatekeeper of information. They have an ethical responsibility to be fair and balanced. This means that when they present a view, opinion, etc that they make sure that they are objective and fair to all sides of a matter.

Clearly the character assassination performed by Nawrocki was not fair and balanced. He latched onto everything negative he heard about Newton and ran with it.

Compare Nawrocki's "scouting report" to Kiper's, McShay's, Mayock's etc. Not even Mayock (who wasn't a big Newton fan) went out of their way to defame Newton like Nawrocki did. No one even came close to the hatchet job that Nawrocki performed because all of them were fair and balanced.

Obviously Carolina didn't feel the same way that Nawrocki did about Newton's character. Buddy Nix intimated that the Bills would have drafted Newton had he been available so clearly the Bills didn't agree with Nawrocki either.

The bottom line is that Nawrocki was out of line with his comments on Newton.