Did Cris Carter just make it easier for Andre to get into HOF?

bbb

CC must be the dumbest guy to ever play the game. He isn't in the HOF already because of his big mouth and pissing off many that vote. Now he admits to this?

Do you ever listen to the guy? He's not dumb, very interesting and honest on the radio. He was asked a question and gave an honest answer, I imagine his HOF chances were not part of his though process here, and why should they be. And like others have said, it was Romo, so that can only help.

I think Carter and Reed should both be in the Hall.

You think somebody talked to Carter about hurting his HOF chances? The bounties weren't there to hurt people! LOL!!:

Carter clarified his comments Wednesday morning in an appearance on ESPN's "SportsCenter," emphasizing that there was no intent to injure an opponent -- as the NFL alleges was the case in the Saints' "pay for pain" system. Carter acknowledged that using the term "bounty" may have been a poor choice of words on his part.

"The difference is people going out of their way to hurt a player," Carter said Wednesday, "hitting a spot that we as players know is off limits, like his knees. You're not telling them to go out and get someone, you're telling them to protect you, run down the field to protect their skill guys."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7907610/cris-carter-formerly-minnesota-vikings-admits-authorizing-bounties

I have no problems with this. You want teammates to have your back. Chris Carter is simply stating the facts and there is a clear distinction between protecting someone as opposed to putting a bounty on them.

But according to Romo, CC is making up his "facts"

You may all have me wrong; but, what a sissy CC is. Carter - Oh he said he's going to hit me, protect me please - or something of that nature. Why not handle the situation in a different way - hey big fellas dumb ass is over there running his mouth saying he's going to lay the smack down on some people today, let's play his game - certainly on ceratin running plays CC had a chance to crack him. Now what constitutes a bounty? To me giving any material substance in exchange for an act to be performed on someone or something of that nature, a narrowing down for action a cerain person, place, or thing. Now the question is does this make it any easier for AR to make it into the hall of fame? This has to go off of pure career performance. Who is to say AR never said anything of this nature; that was a 1 sided conversation. I still want AR in before CC personally, I am a Bills fan.

Maybe somebody put a bounty on you? Sorry about your confusion.

Or maybe I disagree with the idea that player "bounties" will have any affect on a player's chances at the HOF...

There's nothing classier than when someone starts a thread and then pisses on anyone who doesn't agree with the content.

Well done.

Or maybe I disagree with the idea that player "bounties" will have any affect on a player's chances at the HOF...

There's nothing classier than when someone starts a thread and then pisses on anyone who doesn't agree with the content.

Well done.

You're the one who said you were confused. That sucks.

Can't even express your sympathies these days.

Bill Romanowski said pregame he was going to end Carters career and Carter asked the OL to take Romanowski out? I vote not guilty, self defence.

Romanowski always seemed to be the type of flaming a576hole who beat up 98 pound weaklings in high school.

Now I could be wrong.--But what a sick chemical nightmare that man was.