Guarantee: If no playoffs in 2012, Marty Ball coming in 2013

I agree that with the acquisitions this off-season, the two years and now three draft classes to build the roster, and the patience the front office has shown with the coaching staff its hard to think that the expectations for this season are going to be high. 8-8 with no playoffs isn't going to cut it, 9-7 would I think have to be the minimum for consideration to keep Gailey if the team misses the playoffs.

I believe the subtext of the OP's argument is specious at best.

That said, there can be zero toleration of a 3+ game losing streak this year. Z-E-R-O.

It's only if the team hits the skids in that manner that I could possibly see Buddy pulling the rug out from under his, well, er, buddy - Chan.

This is the year to ramp it up and kick the **** out of the Division and beyond.

No more baby steps.

I agree that with the acquisitions this off-season, the two years and now three draft classes to build the roster, and the patience the front office has shown with the coaching staff its hard to think that the expectations for this season are going to be high. 8-8 with no playoffs isn't going to cut it, 9-7 would I think have to be the minimum for consideration to keep Gailey if the team misses the playoffs.

The thing is with rookie draft picks you must have some expectation that they will need some time to develop properly. The further away from the first round you go the more time needed to train and develop skills and technique. Usually why a bunch end up on the practice squad.

That said, this Bills team has many unproven players and is still very thin at various positions. That first round pick should start at nickle. Glenn should start at RT or guard, and the rest who knows. That 3rd round WR may take quite awhile before he comes around considering how long it took Parrish to finally develop.

If Gailey goes pass crazy like he did last year I can see the Bills losing games. The Bills have the talent at RB to build a strong ground game and let the RB get 3rd and inches. It would be nice for a change to not be in third an long all the time. The new defense should help keep every game manageable.

Still, it seems like every year this franchise has more then its share of injuries to key players as far back to even before Jauron. Perhaps Mularkey getting rid of Rusty Jones for his buddy to become the new S&C coach has something to do with it.

Chan really does need to get this team running the ball more. He said they would have if they could have last year, I sort of wonder if it is true. He really seems so in love with the passing game making the QB the hero, basically a college philosophy to win in the big league, maybe he is right and it will work but this year we need both our backs on the field at the same time. He needs to be better at making changes during the season. It was kind of a cop out IMO that they didn't get to work on it in preseason stuff we heard, last year.

We have a D that has the potential to win games on it's own. Or at least win close games with out having to comeback. The question is can we blow some people out and be stout against run teams (I think the draft will help that but may take development time). There is talent now. Chan may be facing a test. He kind of is in my book, anyway.

Al that said I don't like Marty as a coach (I did like him as a player and do respect him as a coach) the man's teams are boring (og poster said it, run run pass punt, how much does that sound like Dicky ball?) and can't win the big playoff games. He has no rings. 5-13 W-L in playoffs, 0 SB won. Next.

IMO Chan gets 2 years to get us a division title, winning record this year. I am not 100% sold on him doing so. I like him though so I hope he can find ways to get his team there. No winning record this year, Chan is either on a short leash or gone. And the guy who takes over is not Marty, :doh: he is already our D coordinator, no reason to look further than that (unless the D really blows even with all the money and changes this year, could happen. Don't think it will we are not Phily after all, but it could).

Still, it seems like every year this franchise has more then its share of injuries to key players as far back to even before Jauron. Perhaps Mularkey getting rid of Rusty Jones for his buddy to become the new S&C coach has something to do with it.

This.

i will grant you that the bills were a far more exciting team in 2011 than in previous memory, but

2 years:

4-12

6-10

Marty finished with 9 wins in three of the years he missed the playoffs; so he had nine or more wins in 16 of his 20 full seasons coaching in the NFL

Only one time – once – did a Marty-coached team finish with fewer than seven wins over a 16-game schedule.

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2012/01/some-smart-nfl-team-should-hire-marty-schottenheimer-the-most-underappreciated-nfl-coach-of-all-time/

as an aside, marty is also a former buffalo bills player.

cant wait til hes our coach

This is a tough game, for tough people