Rounds 2 & 3

For round 2 I hope the Bills are able to get Jonathan Martin. A 3 year starter in a pro syle offense who can pass block and run block. Forget the talk about the drop, if this guy is there you have to. Hopefully the knocks allow him to become a Bill, 1st round talent in the 2nd. As I read what Nix has said I believe they go WR in the 3rd. The best I can find that seems to fit the mold in the 3rd if there and I like is Greg Childs. 6'3 219 4.40-40 19 reps. I'd trade on of our 4ths and our 3rd to get this guy.

For round 2 I hope the Bills are able to get Jonathan Martin. A 3 year starter in a pro syle offense who can pass block and run block. Forget the talk about the drop, if this guy is there you have to. Hopefully the knocks allow him to become a Bill, 1st round talent in the 2nd. As I read what Nix has said I believe they go WR in the 3rd. The best I can find that seems to fit the mold in the 3rd if there and I like is Greg Childs. 6'3 219 4.40-40 19 reps. I'd trade on of our 4ths and our 3rd to get this guy.

I would be happy with Martin, I just have a feeling that they will go with Cordy Glenn or James Brown over him because I think they believe those two have more potential upside. Sanu if still available, I doubt it though, or Childs would be a good pick in the third.

I would be happy with Martin, I just have a feeling that they will go with Cordy Glenn or James Brown over him because I think they believe those two have more potential upside. Sanu if still available, I doubt it though, or Childs would be a good pick in the third.

cordy just seems like he fits the mcneill mold. would be a good fit in the second and fit what nix was a part of in SD.

id be cool with martin too

I just don't get people and Martin. Sorry but I just don't see it. I'd much rather have Massie than Martin. I just have a thing against "soft" lineman and to me, Martin seems soft.

That's because Massie is strictly a right tackle according to most scouts. Martin has solid potential to play left tackle. I think Jeff Allen from Illinois in the 3rd would be an alternate pick, especially if Randle or Hill fell to our pick in the 2nd.

We'll learn in the 2nd round just how much or little the Bills believe in Chris Hairston's ability to play LT. I don't think Cordy Glenn will last until their pick and all of the Ts (including Glenn) have serious questions surrounding them:

Glenn is obviously big and has been overweight. Some scouts call him a finesse guy. He may not have enough quickness to play LT, then what do you do with him (if the knock that he is a finesse player is true)?

Martin - smart, fairly athletic, has a chance to play LT, but he too has been called soft and isn't as athletic as he was originally advertised to be.

Massie - big, good effort, strong, played in the SEC, but has always played RT in college. Gamble to project him to LT, though he has the size and long arms but maybe not the feet.

Then you have a bunch of guys that different evaluators rate all over the place

Jeff Allen (Illinois) - Pro Football Weekly rates him high and thinks he can play LT, former NFL scout Russ Lande doesn't think highly of him at all.

James Brown - Pro Football Weekly thinks he has some potential, others think he could be a decent OG.

Mitchell Schwartz (Cal) - Big and smart, several years of starting experience, but most analysts think he would be a stretch to play at LT.

I think that there will be better players available at other positions in round 2 including:

Rueben Randle (WR LSU)

Stephen Hill (WR GT)

Mohamed Sanu (WR Rutgers)

Vinny Curry (DE Marshall)

Mychael Kendricks (OLB Cal)

Lavonte David (OLB Neb)

Courtney Upshaw DE

interior OL Peter Konz

To be clear, if the talent and character were equal, I'd MUCH prefer a guy with the potential to be a long-term starter at LT. However, I don't see a guy that I really like there and would strongly consider the other players listed over any of the OTs remaining.