If You were at the Greatest Comeback Game

JohninMinn.

I was there (16 years old) with my little brother. We caught a ride from a friend of ours that had season tickets - my grandma got us tickets to the game for Christmas (it wasn't on TV - no sell out)

This season was great - but unless we make it to the playoffs and then the Super Bowl (at least) - the season will NOT EVEN COME CLOSE to compairing to that game. The game was unbelievaBILL!!

Have the same feeling?  Somebody mentioned it earlier.  Also, I think the fans that left early are the same ones who don't have a Cowbell avatar.  How can they make the same mistake twice??? ;)

183984[/snapback]

i was there, but it just doesn't feel the same to me.

it was definately a cowbell game and season though.

I was there (16 years old) with my little brother. We caught a ride from a friend of ours that had season tickets - my grandma got us tickets to the game for Christmas (it wasn't on TV - no sell out)

This season was great - but unless we make it to the playoffs and then the Super Bowl (at least) - the season will NOT EVEN COME CLOSE to compairing to that game. The game was unbelievaBILL!!

184016[/snapback]

To compare right now the score is 33-17 Houston. ;) But Reich is on a roll.

Have the same feeling?  Somebody mentioned it earlier.  Also, I think the fans that left early are the same ones who don't have a Cowbell avatar.  How can they make the same mistake twice??? ;)

183984[/snapback]

12 years after the fact, there were more than 200,000 people at that game, and no one left except one guy who broke down the fence to get back in.

12 years after the fact, there were more than 200,000 people at that game, and no one left except one guy who broke down the fence to get back in.

184073[/snapback]

When I'm at the pearly gates and the Big Guy is reviewing my life he's gonna stop there and say "nice job hangin in there on that one." ;)

No way.

I was at that game in January 1993, and it was the single most thrilling game I ever attended. Every time I see highlights, my eyes tear up. This season has turned out to be a fun one, the team has rebounded nicely, but I still remember how the feelings in the crowd changed after Christie recovered the onside kick and then Beebe scoring. How many of us who went to that game had a voice the next day?

When I'm at the pearly gates and the Big Guy is reviewing my life he's gonna stop there and say "nice job hangin in there on that one."  ;)

184080[/snapback]

I was 300 miles away at the time, but I never turned the game off, not even after that INT returned for a TD at the beginning of the second half. Any what irony, Frank Reich quarterbacked the greatest comebacks in college and the NFL.

To compare right now the score is 33-17 Houston. ;) But Reich is on a roll.

184022[/snapback]

When you put it that way, yes it compares because we were left for dead earlier in the year, pretty much as we were left for dead at halftime at that game. Comparing my own feelings, earlier this year, I was pretty frustrated and pointing fingers but didn't necessarily give up on the team. During that game, halftime basically, I was very frustrated and wanted to leave but didn't because I didn't want to give up on the team.

I guess the comparisons are there in a skewed sort of way.

My dad and I were at The Comeback Game.  Nothing compares to that.

184120[/snapback]

Me too. It was my first Bills game; my dad snagged a couple cheaper tickets. I still remember it as one of the greatest experiences Ive had. I still remember being in awe of the field when I first came out into the stadium; it seemed massive.

I just remember after the first half, when Houston picked off that pass. My dad and I were getting nachos, and he thought we should leave. I refused, and the rest is history. After they won, everyone went nuts.

My prized possession: a Reich-signed ticket stub from the game, with the score 41-38 written on it. Ah, at least Gilbride was good for something ;)