Steal of the draft

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DeCastro to the Steelers must be the biggest coup of this draft./....The best Interior lineman falls to the already rich Steelers....Him and that Center will make a lethal combination to run the ball.

To make it worse, the Steelers were on a roll to take Hightower and out of the draft...and now he falls to the Patriots....The Patriots just made their Run defense better.

Don't know about you, but it seemed to me like our GM let us down. I like Gilmore, but I was hoping for much bolder strokes in the first round.

I would have been more content with Keuchly or Floyd. How BOTH of those two got away from us is absolutely baffling.

Bobbie Massey - OT -- if we can get him in round 2 - He will be our LT for the next 10 years if draft him.

Massie will not play a down at LT in the NFL, unless a GM is trying to get fired. While I'm at it, two great LTs come to mind right now and they are Jake Long and Joe Thomas. How are Miami and Cleveland doing. You dont go out of your way to get an LT high in the draft unless you have the other requisite pieces in place (QB, RB, WRs).

Russell Wilson: Wisconsin QB. Is only 5-11 so draft stock is hurt by that, but think he can play at NFL level, and will be a lower pick. Probably take him a few years, but think will be a good qb in the league after spending a few years developing, and if goes to right team becomes a legit starting caliber QB.

Hmmm....whats that QB's name in New Orleans ?? Drew Brees...thats it and think he's shorter than 5'11" You know I think he is pretty darn good. So maybe you have a diamond in the rough with Wilson.....Then a while back was this kid named Doug Flutie who I had the chance to talk with on more that a few ocassions. We were talking eye to eye and IM just a shade over 5'8". He was pretty darn good also. Then there was this QB that won a couple of championships for the Bills. He wasn't 6' even though the programs said so. He was at our house when he was thinking about getting into politics. Same height as my 5'10' father. His name was Jack Kemp. Today there is no getting around a players true measurables. In the 50's 60's into the seventies it was common practice to release as much dis-information as needed like hieght, weight and speed (can't remember the year the league switched from the 50 yard dash to the 40; could be 76-77. I do remember one of the college coaches asking me what my 50 time was in HS. What counts is guts, arm strength (think quick out not down field and football moxie...that is football brains. All the great QB's have these "football brians" with built in sack clocks as a bonus. You can throw out the window all the ideal this or that as long as the kid can win. Heart to get up after getting clobbered and brains so it doesn't happen often.

I think the steal of this draft will be OLB Miles Burris a projected 5th-6th round pick. Plays with a tenacity, gets off his blocks and makes the plays in the back field.

what do you think?

Who is your steal of the draft?

Ryan Tannehill, leading the fins to multiple superbowls :wallbash::sick::cry:

Vontaze Burfict

Looks like he may not be drafted at all.

DeCastro to the Steelers must be the biggest coup of this draft./....The best Interior lineman falls to the already rich Steelers....Him and that Center will make a lethal combination to run the ball.

I agree. With DeCastro and Adams, the Steelers just got a big upgrade to their one big area of weakness. That's bad news for the AFC.