Trading up for Kalil & Blackmon

There is numerous options to trade up for both the players.

We could move up to No. 3 overall to draft Kalil or Blackmon (most likely Kalil)

I have heard that we could be open to trading our 2nd rounder and 1st rounder for that 3rd pick (http://www.sbnation.com/2012-nfl-draft/2012/4/25/2975605/2012-nfl-draft-rumors-matt-kalil-buffalo-bills)

My theory is that one of them will last to the 7 slot. I think this is where we could make a play for one of them. Jaguars will be looking for Blackmon or Kalil but if we give them trade that they can't turn down we could get one of them for great value like maybe 1,3,4b for there 7 slot.

Just my take cant wait for the draft

There is numerous options to trade up for both the players.

We could move up to No. 3 overall to draft Kalil or Blackmon (most likely Kalil)

I have heard that we could be open to trading our 2nd rounder and 1st rounder for that 3rd pick (http://www.sbnation.com/2012-nfl-draft/2012/4/25/2975605/2012-nfl-draft-rumors-matt-kalil-buffalo-bills)

My theory is that one of them will last to the 7 slot. I think this is where we could make a play for one of them. Jaguars will be looking for Blackmon or Kalil but if we give them trade that they can't turn down we could get one of them for great value like maybe 1,3,4b for there 7 slot.

Just my take cant wait for the draft

And you know that Buddy will not trade up.

I believe what we are seeing is Buddy Nix playing one hell of a hand of "Texas Hold Em" in an attempt to steer his counter parts into pulling the trigger on picks that he knows need to be gone in an attempt to get his guy at #10. All GMs play this game but I believe he will keep all his picks and try to manipulate the teams in front of him. Will see who wins this game tonight! What ever he decides to do I got to go with Buddies instincts lets face it he has had a hot hand so far. Again I got to go with our guy Buddy pulling it off tonight regardless of what he does and how he does it.

Blackmon is either going to the Browns or Rams.

As for Kalil, there's no reason to trade up. They certainly aren't trading up to the 3rd pick overall and if the Vikings don't pick him then there's a good chance he falls all the way to the Bills at #10. Why? Because a team like the Jags or Panthers don't want to trade back and run the risk of getting behind the big "drop off" in first round talent. That's a risk that a team might not want to take.

The Bills are in a prime position to draft a very solid player at #10. We as Bills fans should all be very thankful that we'll have a player the calibre of Kalil, Gilmore, Kuechly or Barron as a Bill by the end of the day. How sweet is that!

Edited by 1billsfan

If the Bills could trade up to #3 with just a 2nd rounder... then the Redskins really got screwed!

I thought you had found a way to trade up and get Kalil AND Blackmon. Would that that were possible! :rolleyes:

Bills trade their #1 #2 and #3 to move up to #3 and take Kalil.

Bills trade their #1 #2 and #3 in 2013 to move up to #4 and take Blackmon.

Is there a limit? Perhaps we can trade all our draft picks for the years 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 for Andrew Luck.

I believe what we are seeing is Buddy Nix playing one hell of a hand of "Texas Hold Em" in an attempt to steer his counter parts into pulling the trigger on picks that he knows need to be gone in an attempt to get his guy at #10. All GMs play this game but I believe he will keep all his picks and try to manipulate the teams in front of him. Will see who wins this game tonight! What ever he decides to do I got to go with Buddies instincts lets face it he has had a hot hand so far. Again I got to go with our guy Buddy pulling it off tonight regardless of what he does and how he does it.

=============================================================================================

Come on, do you really believe anything Buddy says or does is going to influence another GM's pick? The other GMs are just as smart as, or smarter than Buddy. They don't care what Buffalo does. They have the players on their boards rated and they don't even pay attention to what Buffalo will do. If they are picking ahead of Buffalo they have players targeted and will draft accordingly. There is no "Texas Hold Em" involved. If I am picking ahead of a team I wouldn't even care what they are doing, I get to go first and take the player I want.

The only ones the GMs are bluffing is the fans that are trying to speculate which team is going to draft whom. They can fool the draftniks and fans but they can't fool the other team's GMs and scouts.

Edited by HornyToad

=============================================================================================

Come on, do you really believe anything Buddy says or does is going to influence another GM's pick? The other GMs are just as smart as, or smarter than Buddy. They don't care what Buffalo does. They have the players on their boards rated and they don't even pay attention to what Buffalo will do. If they are picking ahead of Buffalo they have players targeted and will draft accordingly. There is no "Texas Hold Em" involved. If I am picking ahead of a team I wouldn't even care what they are doing, I get to go first and take the player I want.

The only ones the GMs are bluffing is the fans that are trying to speculate which team is going to draft whom. They can fool the draftniks and fans but they can't fool the other team's GMs and scouts.

May help in giving leverage to team trading down above them to get bit more for pick, or get someone a bit more nervous and push them over edge to actually make the trade, if they were already thinking hard about it anyway.

1335442571[/url]' post='2446463']

And you know that Buddy will not trade up.

I don't think he will trade up, but I certainly don't know that he won't. No one does

1335456231[/url]' post='2446817']

Buddy is certainly smarter than some of the GMs. Not all. But to say they are all smarter or just as smart is incorrect imo. He's a savvy guy and knows that he's doing. Unless he drafts Martin, Reiff or Glenn at 10.