Edwin McCain Lamps

This song went from a 10 to a 0 for me. Why? Here below some of the cool lyrics.

I'll be your crying shoulder

I'll be your love suicide

I'll be better when I'm older

I'll be the biggest fan of your life. (very cool line)

UNTIL

"I'll hang from A your lips"

Why did he add the a?

Im pretty sure the lyrics will not have the "a",

But if you hear the song he adds the A in the vocals. Making the sentence the most annoying ever.

Anyway it just came on Sirius. Just wondering if anyone else ever noticed that stupid lyric.

Or flame away at lyrics from any songs that annoy you.

Do you get pissed when you hear Elvis sing "You ain't a-nothing but a hound dog-a / cryin' all the time" or when Seal sings about cigafettes?

This instance appears to be adding an extra syllable to balance the chord.

Gotta say, in my long experience of hearing about Sorry-Ass-Little-First-World-Problems, this makes the top five.

Do you get pissed when you hear Elvis sing "You ain't a-nothing but a hound dog-a / cryin' all the time" or when Seal sings about cigafettes?

This instance appears to be adding an extra syllable to balance the chord.

Gotta say, in my long experience of hearing about Sorry-Ass-Little-First-World-Problems, this makes the top five.

You must have dedicated this song to someone special. Sorry to hurt your feelings.

No I dont get upset when I hear singers adding words or letters to lyrics. I'm a big @ music fan.

JUST THIS SONG!!

I will explain a little more, not really to you, just to elaborate on my dislike.

First the thought of someone hanging on some lips.... Besides it not being possible, Just imagining it makes me laugh. Not romantic at all. I picture the girl with one of those "What are you doing" faces. LOL

To top it off he says the lyric WRONG. Which makes it over the top stupid.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

This was my prom song. I sure as hell didn't vote for it.

When I was in 9th grade, they gave us a list of songs to use as our big dance song (at a JR high, not a prom, but whatever you want to call the last dance for 9th graders)....there was a space on the ballot for a write-in. The winner was "Another Brick In the Wall"....but they stuck us with "Up Here Where We Belong"...middle-class suburban white kids, being supressed, once again! :P