Draft talk - WR

MClem06

Who do you take?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Blackmon and Floyd are available (unlikely but hey I'm bored)

• Draft Blackmon
    • Draft Floyd

My link There have been a few people that have floyd rated above Blackmon (one for instance in the link to the left). From the film i have watched on the two players, floyd looks a little slower at route running (not by much) than Blackmon. If they are both there is there any question as to who the Bills like better (measurements, route running, styles of offense they played in college?) I know that Floyd is used to cutting back on underthrown deep balls and that he uses his body well to box the defender out (which may come in handy here in B-Lo).

Going against the grain and almost all the draft experts, I actually agree that Floyd is going to be a more physical well rounded reciever and would be happier with him over Blackmon unless anyone here can plead a different more convincing case for Blackmon.

I think it's insane to consider Floyd over Blackmon.

If it wasn't for Floyd's drinking I think there is a real discussion as to who has the better game on the field. However, given that Floyd has a big red flag the pick would be easy - Blackmon.

Football character =/= off the field character. If you are a bad football guy you are undraftable. If you are not someone anybody wants to hang w/ off the field it's fine so long as you don't go to jail.

If it wasn't for Floyd's drinking I think there is a real discussion as to who has the better game on the field. However, given that Floyd has a big red flag the pick would be easy - Blackmon.

I will agree with this, however I feel that Blackmon would win that discussion as well. I know it was a bowl game but he took that game over. He also did it many other times over his career. I do see the Crabtree comparisons but he seems less like a diva to me than crabtree was.

To me Blackmon is the safer pick. If Blackmon is off the board then I would be fine picking Floyd. I really like him. At the same time, I would be pretty upset if we took Floyd over Blackmon. I think Blackmon is about the safest pick in the draft. I think he is going to be a good player in this league for a long time. My only question with him is will he be good or great. Will he be a Bolden type guy or a Fitzgerald type.