AVP wants to coach

PromoTheRobot

Alex Van Pelt has let new Pittsburgh Panthers coach Dave Wannstadt know he would like to join his coaching staff.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-re...bds_287755.html

AVP has always been one of my favorite Bills, but honestly he is not that good on the air with John Murphy. If he can get a coaching gig, he should pursue it, even if it's with an ex-Dolfags coach.

PTR

AVP has always been one of my favorite Bills, but honestly he is not that good on the air with John Murphy.  If he can get a coaching gig, he should pursue it, even if it's with an ex-Dolfags coach.

PTR

183710[/snapback]

I agree....All players are not always good broadcasters....Van Pelt is

average at best....We need to get a good guy with radio experience doing

the color commentary.

I agree Alex needs work on his broadcast skills from several perspectives...but I have really enjoyed listening to him this year.

I want an unabashed homer on Bills broadcasts and the insight he has provided as a team "insider" has been pretty interesting at points. Its been neat to have a guy in the booth who sits in some QB meetings every week and is basically Drew's best friend.

I hope he gets to follow his dream of being a coach. I can see him back in Buffalo as QB coach in a couple of years when Sam Wyche is ready to retire for good....