Mike Adams

JayD

I just watched some tape on Mike Adams. Needless to say he was terrible at picking up blitz's and stunts. For his size he should have had alot more push in the run game also. Unless he had a blocker that was right in front of him he was lost. Even in screen plays he had a very hard time figuring out who to block. That is a terrible sign going into the pro's. It just didn't seem to register for him like it was to fast for him and that was against Florida and Michigan St. After watching a couple different clips I would maybe take him in the 3rd but only for depth.

When people say they were watching tape, do they really mean they did a Youtube search for that player?

In my case, I try to watch complete games.

That's why I'm a fan of Cordy Glenn, who was playing at a much higher level at the end of the year than during the early part of the season. Many of the draft gurus that question him point to the tough game he had against Bosie State, in the season opener, when he was playing his first game at LOT in two years. By season end, he wasn't that guy any more--and looked very good against LSU and MSU, teams with better talent that are more credible benchmarks.

IMO, scouts look at how prospects improve over the course of a year/career and then project that into how they'll continue to improve against NFL competition. Draft gurus spend 3 minutes looking at a highlight package assembled by an intern in the media production department while they're on deadline...

I continue to be completely baffled as to why Adams is considered one of the top OT prospects.

In fact, in Mark Gaughan's discussion of draft-eligible OT's he talked about Adams but didn't even mention Cordy Glenn.

I admit to having watched only about 120 plays from Adams this year but he looks like a zombie out there.

He's probably gonna be as good as Langston Walker, IMO. Not a true left tackle but I guy with long arms.