My favorite draft day scenario in round 1

I wrote this is another thread yesterday and was wondering what Bills fans think. First I would like to say that I am a Spiller fan so it's not that I am bashing on him. I would like to see the Bills package Spiller and maybe a 3rd round pick for someones late 1st round selection. Then at the #10 pick the Bills select Trent Richardson out of Bama. After that I would select an offensive tackle later in the first round. Spiller will never fully be used because Freddy is the better back and probably will play another 3 years or so. Trent would compliment Freddy and eventually be the main back. Trent would be awesome in short yardage and for goaline situations. It would also be great to add a smash mouth back to mix things up. If we select a tackle later in the first round we then get value. If we take one at #10 it would be a reach. I like Spiller but I would take a top tackle and big Trent in a second if possible. What do you guys think?

I wrote this is another thread yesterday and was wondering what Bills fans think. First I would like to say that I am a Spiller fan so it's not that I am bashing on him. I would like to see the Bills package Spiller and maybe a 3rd round pick for someones late 1st round selection. Then at the #10 pick the Bills select Trent Richardson out of Bama. After that I would select an offensive tackle later in the first round. Spiller will never fully be used because Freddy is the better back and probably will play another 3 years or so. Trent would compliment Freddy and eventually be the main back. Trent would be awesome in short yardage and for goaline situations. It would also be great to add a smash mouth back to mix things up. If we select a tackle later in the first round we then get value. If we take one at #10 it would be a reach. I like Spiller but I would take a top tackle and big Trent in a second if possible. What do you guys think?

This would be the very definition of "futile cycle". Why on earth trade a #9 draft pick of only 2 years ago, who is only just starting to come into his own, for an unproven late 1st round pick, then draft an unproven (in the NFL) RB to replace him?

This is what I think: :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Drafting Spiller might have been silly, and doing this just when we might see some value for him would be sillier.

Fred might come back just as strong and sure from his broken leg - or he might not. He might play another 3 years, or he might get hurt again this season.

Spiller will never fully be used because Freddy is the better back and probably will play another 3 years or so.

You'd have the same problem with Trent in the short term as well.

If Trent Richardson were to fall to #10 the best scenario I could think of would be multiple teams, including Cleveland who has picks 22 and 37, wanting to move up to get him. This could also be the case if Tannehill were to be available at pick #10.

I also don't think a package of Spiller and a 3rd get you a 1st, even a late one.

I also don't think a package of Spiller and a 3rd get you a 1st, even a late one.

If it's true that the talent level drops off after picks 5-7, I bet teams would line up at OBD to trade their late first round pick for Spiller, even w/o the 3rd round pick. With what he showed last year alone he's probably better, and more of a sure bet, than just about anyone taken outside of the top 5-7.

The perfect draft day scenario is if the 11th pick wants our 10th for their 2012 and 2013 1st round pick. Then the 12 th pick wants our new 11th pick for THEIR 2012 and 2013 1st round pick and so on all the way until the jets pick and when the jets offer us their 2012 and 2013 picks to move up one slot, we reject their offer and draft whoever we think they were going to draft and next year we'll have 6 first round picks. (as far as best scenarios go)

Ummmmm......No.

I was just thinking that we would still address our situation at tackle and we would get what most are saying is a can't miss stud at RB. He would bring a different dimension to our backfield. When Jackson is done playing in a few more years Trent is the guy who can be a main back and carry the rock 25 times a game. Gailey has even said that Spiller is not an every down back. Hell, he even took him out when Jackson was injured in all goaline situations.

If I could get a late round #1 (No additional picks) for Spiller and Richardson was there at 10 I'd make that move but that is because I have my doubts about Spiller carrying the ball 20-25 times game in game out- The Bills have needs at LT, LB, WR, CB and except at WR and LB I don't see a large drop off between 10 and 20-30, - In this draft there is not a lot of consensus after the first 6-7 players- ( Glenn, Martin, Adams) pick your poison, ( Gilmore, Kirkpatrick, Jenkins) who Knows, and while I think Floyd has separated himself from the second tier and now is in the top tier with Blackmon you have to consider that it might be Hill who is ultimately going to be the best WR from this draft.