That 1st rounder doesn't seem so bad...

The_Real

That first rounder won't hurt like it would have had we finished say 3-13 wouldn't you say? I know we still have no real read on J.P Losman but you have to feel like we didn't give up a huge pick in a mediocre draft. The second half of the first round for a prospective starting qb.

I don't know what to think, but TD made another move that shocked everyone a couple years ago. How did that work out?

T_R

I was thinking about that myself, if the bills go 10-6, dallas wouldn't be getting a such a high pick in the first round like they hoped they would get..I bet Jerry Jones figured that they'd be in the playoffs while we were another 6-10 team..

My my the tables have turned on ya there mr jones haha :lol:

Mock and laugh at Jerry Jones and parcells? Please. Sometimes trades work out well for both teams.

We have analyzed Buffalos take on this, and I agree, but for a second look at this from Dallas' point of view.

They passed up steven jackson (124 rushes, 644 yds) For Julius Jones (168 rushes, 670yds).

I do think Jackson is the better back, but it isnt by much.

Dallas got their Running back they despratly needed, and in the process picked up an "extra" first round pick!

They could have stayed with Steven Jackson, and not had an extra first rounder.

Point is, this was an EXCELLENT trade for Dallas. Sometimes in our blue and red colored glasses we fail to see that, Remember though, that just because it was an marvelous trade by dallas, does NOT mean it was a bad trade for us.

I like the fact that we would of needed to use a high draft pick in 2005 on a QB anyways- JP has had a year to learn the offense and nuances of the NFL. He looks better each little bit of playing time he has had. His experience this year will be a tremendous aid to him. Next year he will get another training camp in and should be ready for the NFL by then

I was thinking about that myself, if the bills go 10-6, dallas wouldn't be getting a such a high pick in the first round like they hoped they would get..I bet Jerry Jones figured that they'd be in the playoffs while we were another 6-10 team..

My my the tables have turned on ya there mr jones haha  :lol:

183310[/snapback]

So they wound up with the same picks. We give them the 23rd or so and they wind up with a top 10 from their pick. Same difference.

They passed up steven jackson (124 rushes, 644 yds) For Julius Jones (168 rushes, 670yds). 

I do think Jackson is the better back, but it isnt by much.

Dallas got their Running back they despratly needed, and in the process picked up an "extra" first round pick!

While I havn't seen either back play, the average per rush is quite a bit different:

Jackson: 5.2ypc

Jones: 4.0ypc

I'd say that's a pretty significant difference...

CW