If Many People Are Saying That We Will Be Reaching

This is the first draft I can remember in a looong time where I won't mind a few different picks. I can't see myself getting overly excited or disappointed with whichever direction they choose:

Reiff - happy LT is filled if they think he is good enough

DeCastro - seems like a can't miss guy even if they are said to be fine at guard

Kuechly - build up the D even more - fine with me

Floyd - probably the most exciting pick and it would be fun to see him with Stevie

I would still have no problem with Decastro as the pick if they thought highly enough of him. I will never complain about an oline addition if said person is a staple for 10 plus years....

but you have now way of knowing that when he is picked.

We have solid starters at OG. We do not have a solid starter at LT. We have a mid round pick from last year who was not horrible.

Which doesn't mean we get a quality player at that position, just because we want one. As Billick said the other day- Need is the worst talent evaluator.

A draft "reach" is largely an invented term by people like Kiper and McShay in an attempt to justify themselves when actual teams don't follow their opinions.

How did reaching for Whitner, McCargo, and Lynch work out for Marv?

The Bills must avoid the Scylla of reaching for need. They must also steer away from the Charybdis of using the 10th overall pick on a low value position, such as 4-3 LB, OG, or RB. At 10th overall, the pick should be a LT, WR, CB, or possibly a QB in the unlikely event Tannehill is still available. Surely, a player at one of those positions must be worthy of 10th overall!

Edited by Edwards' Arm