I'm just going to shut up and have faith

Virgil

Usually around this time, I'm anxious as hell about the draft and offseason moves. However, for the first time in a long time, the FO has made all the right moves and I trust their judgment. So much so, that even if they draft someone that I don't agree with, I'm just going to shut up and have faith that they are making the best choice for the team.

Everyone keeps talking about the needs for the 1st and 2nd round. For me, I have faith in them getting a WR, LB, or OT in the 4th-7th rounds. Not saying they should wait, but I trust their evaluation of talent. Look at Stevie, Hairston, and the other late round picks. The only thing that I think would bother me would be if they traded up, just because I believe in their ability to get quality in all of their picks.

It's been a while, but it feels nice for a change.

What is giving me a good feeling is that even before the draft I feel our team is competative....right here right now even if there was not draft. When was the last time a person could say that.......we are usually waiting for that savior to come out of the draft because free agency was so dismal and we didnt compete.

- The QB position is set....no matter who they draft

- We know who our number 1 WR is...we know who our slot WR is.......there will be a competition of veteran WR's at the other spot even with a draftee added

- Chris Hairston is your LT starter no matter what

- Levitre is your LG no matter what

- Wood is your C barring any problems

- Urbik your starter at RG

- Pears is your RT.......on the O line you have veteran backups and a draftee competing for a spot

- Running backs are set.....and even the 3rd stringer has been a starter at a point in his career and he is not old

- We actually have a starting caliber TE who we know can producer

On defense

- Our single biggest weakness was addressed hard....pass rush...our DL has both quality starters and depth

- The LB starters are set

- Seondary is veteran and quality was added in the last draft

We even get back our punter

Feels good not to have to reach in the draft

Yes, it is nice to trust the Front Office to make sound decisions come draft weekend. And, I agree that our roster is in such shape that we could be competitive right now. What is even better, IMO, is that the areas on our team where we're weak can mostly be addressed, by most accounts - mock drafts and such - in the first 3-4 rounds. The way I see it, leaving the 4th round this year (that's 5 draft picks) we could have a new starting OLB, LT, and WR.

Or, we could also - because we do have a team that has enough to be competitive already - draft according to what the strengths of the draft are, and that is a strategy I really, really like. Why reach for players, while simultaneously passing by quality starters, just to fill a certain specific need? We've gone and made D-line a strength. I think there are enough quality WR's at the top of this draft that we could go out in rounds 1 and 2 and get 2 starters, and go into the season with one of the best WR groups in the NFL, and it'd be one of the youngest, too. Now, all of a sudden, we could have, for example, a group consisting of Johnson, Alshon Jeffrey, Marcus Easley, and Floyd - all on the field at the same time, with Freddie in the backfield - that would be a tough group to cover!

Or, we could draft an OT and an OG, or two OT's in the first 3 rounds and end up with a young, potentially excellent O-line for the next 5 years. Or we could go OLB and CB in the first two rounds, maybe making a trade back into round one to leave the round with Keuchly and Jenkins, or stay put and end up with, say, Kirkpatrick, or Gilmore, and Lavonte David in round 2 - that would be a super exciting defense for Wanny to work with!

So, yeah, there are so many exciting routes this team can go in, and with only a couple of the right picks we could become very competitive - and we're still a young team, so we're seeing now the making of a nucleus that will be the next Bills Dynasty. I'm loving this time of year!

1334475564[/url]' post='2437171']

Yes, it is nice to trust the Front Office to make sound decisions come draft weekend. And, I agree that our roster is in such shape that we could be competitive right now. What is even better, IMO, is that the areas on our team where we're weak can mostly be addressed, by most accounts - mock drafts and such - in the first 3-4 rounds. The way I see it, leaving the 4th round this year (that's 5 draft picks) we could have a new starting OLB, LT, and WR.

Or, we could also - because we do have a team that has enough to be competitive already - draft according to what the strengths of the draft are, and that is a strategy I really, really like. Why reach for players, while simultaneously passing by quality starters, just to fill a certain specific need? We've gone and made D-line a strength. I think there are enough quality WR's at the top of this draft that we could go out in rounds 1 and 2 and get 2 starters, and go into the season with one of the best WR groups in the NFL, and it'd be one of the youngest, too. Now, all of a sudden, we could have, for example, a group consisting of Johnson, Alshon Jeffrey, Marcus Easley, and Floyd - all on the field at the same time, with Freddie in the backfield - that would be a tough group to cover!

Or, we could draft an OT and an OG, or two OT's in the first 3 rounds and end up with a young, potentially excellent O-line for the next 5 years. Or we could go OLB and CB in the first two rounds, maybe making a trade back into round one to leave the round with Keuchly and Jenkins, or stay put and end up with, say, Kirkpatrick, or Gilmore, and Lavonte David in round 2 - that would be a super exciting defense for Wanny to work with!

So, yeah, there are so many exciting routes this team can go in, and with only a couple of the right picks we could become very competitive - and we're still a young team, so we're seeing now the making of a nucleus that will be the next Bills Dynasty. I'm loving this time of year!

Marcus Easley? I don't count on him for anything. If he produces it'll be a bonus.