Sri Lanka rejects aid from Israel....

What ever happened to the old saying.."beggers can't be choosers"? Well I guess in this case beggers can in fact be choosers. These assmonkeys in sri lanka (a crap hole if ever there was one has refused to let rescue workers from Israel come to there contry and help. I guess they don't mind seeing those bodies hanging from trees and buried under debris and rotting. This must be more acceptable them allowing 150 rescusers from Israel in to help potentially save people or at least help clean up the mess.

I say screw these fools...let them clean up the rotting carcases by themselves. That backwords 4th world country deserves what they will get from this. They have no business refusing help of any kind. maybe we should say that we will not send our money there to help them if they feel that free help from Israel is no damn good for them.

BBC Link

Let's quote the article...

Neither side has officially explained the change of plan,

Other Israeli agencies have sent emergency relief to Sri Lanka and other tsunami-hit countries.

In other words, only one part of the overall Israeli effort was disputed for no reason that's been made clear...but you see fit to assume that NO aid from Israel's accepted because of rabid anti-semitism.

:lol:

Let's quote the article...

In other words, only one part of the overall Israeli effort was disputed for no reason that's been made clear...

but you see fit to assume that NO aid from Israel's accepted because of rabid anti-semitism. 

:lol:

183094[/snapback]

Well tom why else would a country in such dire need refuse to allow another country who is only trying to help in a time of need? Please..... the answer is obvious. The polititians will now have to sort out the details but it is c;lear to me.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Sri Lanka got what it deserved.

183140[/snapback]

Insert foot into mouth.

Innocent children knew nothing of politics... now they know only death. :lol:

;)

183094[/snapback]

Well tom why else would a country in such dire need refuse to allow another country who is only trying to help in a time of need? Please..... the answer is obvious. The polititians will now have to sort out the details but it is c;lear to me.

183329[/snapback]

You do understand, of course, that they didn't reject all Israeli aid, don't you? They objected to the military presence in one Israeli team - sixty soldiers in a team of 150 people. Other Israeli aid they've accepted gratefully.

Now tell me again how it's just anti-semitism...

183329[/snapback]

You do understand, of course, that they didn't reject all Israeli aid, don't you? They objected to the military presence in one Israeli team - sixty soldiers in a team of 150 people. Other Israeli aid they've accepted gratefully.

183573[/snapback]

First of all, did I ever once mention anti-semitism???? I think not.

I did indeed read the article...umm after all I did link to it.

My point is that where do these dumb asses get off refusing any kind of help from Israel. It is stupid, and ignorant. The israeli military could be of great use there. They have plenty of practice picking up body parts that are left behind by the peace loving arab freaks who continue to blow innocent people up in the name of their religion. But I guess that sri lanka does not need this type of experienced body part picker uppers huh?

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
My point is that where do these dumb asses get off refusing any kind of help from Israel. It is stupid, and ignorant. The israeli military could be of great use there. They have plenty of practice picking up body parts that are left behind by the peace loving arab freaks who continue to blow innocent people up in the name of their religion.  But I guess that sri lanka does not need this type of experienced body part picker uppers huh?

184031[/snapback]

Ohhh my... Israel and its Army is just so innocent... they NEVER murder innocent people EVER, or leave their body parts lying around the homes they bulldoze.. ;)

183573[/snapback]

First of all, did I ever once mention anti-semitism???? I think not.

I did indeed read the article...umm after all I did link to it.

My point is that where do these dumb asses get off refusing any kind of help from Israel. It is stupid, and ignorant. The israeli military could be of great use there. They have plenty of practice picking up body parts that are left behind by the peace loving arab freaks who continue to blow innocent people up in the name of their religion. But I guess that sri lanka does not need this type of experienced body part picker uppers huh?

184031[/snapback]

I don't know if anti-semitism is present here or not, but it's pretty clear that this was at best a political statement against the Israeli military. Rejecting aid for political purposes while people are suffering is disgusting imo.

Insert foot into mouth.

Innocent children knew nothing of politics... now they know only death.  ;)

183378[/snapback]

Once again, my sentiments exactly. The innocent men, women, and children who died in these countries aren't responsible for the actions of their stupid government officials.

It's a shame, because Israel is known for its excellent emergency-response teams. Unfortunately, they've had a great deal of practice.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
I am sure the US would welcome aid from Cuba (if it were offered) should we suffer a devastating catastrophe...right?

A pox on all politicians.

184683[/snapback]

Our Cuba policy NEVER falls in line with ANY other policy... it's like harboring a huge grudge against a person for going on 45 years now. We'll never get over it till Castro dies... he's a present reminder of how, once, he embarassed us and we never got him back. Now he plays the role of 'blame the Americans' for Cuba's problems.

It is AMAZING-see the difference the US treats a country that has abysmal human rights record-if they have nuclear weapons vs. if they don't! :doh:

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

And one MORe thing:

NO ONE EVER, EVER, EVER respects the aid we give others no matter who they are... do you think Iran would help us if a devastating earhquake killed 100,000 Americans? NO WAY IN HELL.

That's one thing that always gets me...

What ever happened to the old saying.."beggers can't be choosers"? Well I guess in this case beggers can in fact be choosers. These assmonkeys in sri lanka (a crap hole if ever there was one has refused to let rescue workers from Israel come to there contry and help. I guess they don't mind seeing those bodies hanging from trees and buried under debris and rotting. This must be more acceptable them allowing 150 rescusers from Israel in to help potentially save people or at least help clean up the mess.

I say screw these fools...let them clean up the rotting carcases by themselves. That backwords 4th world country deserves what they will get from this. They have no business refusing help of any kind. maybe we should say that we will not send our money there to help them if they feel that free help from Israel is no damn good for them.

BBC Link

183089[/snapback]

Wow - another P&P thread based upon pure ignorance....... :doh:

Do you have any knowledge whatsoever about Sri Lanka and its recent history? Almost certainly not.

At the moment in the east of the country there is a shakey cease fire in a civil war that has cost the Sri Lankas a lot more than this natural disaster. The East of the country happens to be where the tsunami struck. The presence of military personnel in that region outside certain, limited, areas would constitute a breach of the terms of that ceasefire.

In simple terms the Sri Lankan government would be crazy to risk the restart of the war by allowing into the area foreign military personnel. The benefits, whilst they would be appreciated, are BY FAR outweighed by the risks of the war restarting.

Hence why Israeli aid was accepted, but the military personnel were not.

Our Cuba policy NEVER falls in line with ANY other policy... it's like harboring a huge grudge against a person for going on 45 years now. We'll never get over it till Castro dies... he's a present reminder of how, once, he embarassed us and we never got him back. Now he plays the role of 'blame the Americans' for Cuba's problems.

It is AMAZING-see the difference the US treats a country that has abysmal human rights record-if they have nuclear weapons vs. if they don't!  :D

184887[/snapback]

OK well then North Korea - we'd surely accept their aid without question or condition if we were in the same condition, and they were in a position to give it, right?

Riiiiggghhttttt. Sure.

My point is (a) RIO is an idiot as usual and (b) if politicians weren't generally turkeys, in times like these they wouldn't have to worry about where it came from.