Which LB's does everyone like?

I see alot of kuechly talk, what about the other prospects? Like zach brown, bruce irvin, keeanan robinson, donta hightower, ronnell lewis.. I havent seen much tape/discussion on these guys and would like to get some input from everyone if they have any on these guys. I think the bills HAVE to come away with a power linebacker. Someone who can make BIG hits and cause fear and turn overs, are any of these guys really big hitters? Also they have to be able to cover somewhat imo, but we need some force to be there at the LB position

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobby Wagner (OLB) just had an astounding Pro Day at Utah State! He jumped 39 and a half inches and ran in the high 4.4's and had 24 reps at 225 lbs on the bench. Oh, can he play? He was the MVP of the Senior Bowl with 8 tackles. I do, however love Luke Kuechly, and would be very happy with a selection at 10 in round one!!

havent heard much on wagner, sounds pretty good is he a big hitter? Also forgot to add lavonte david in the mix been hearin about him alot. Which of these guys would you want to see the bills draft?

Other than Kuechly, the top fits for the Bills:

ILB - Hightower, Carder, James-Michael Johnson and Audie Cole

OLB - Lavonte David, Bobby Wagner, Nigel Bradham and Travis Lewis.

I think LB is the weakest position on the team and they should draft 3. I would be pumped if the Bills selected 2 from the above. My favorites are Hightower, Johnson, David and Wagner.

Zach Brown is a player. Led Carolina in tackles, both solo and assisted, tied for the team lead with 3 INTs, and had 5.5 sacks and 13.5 tackles for loss.

Far more impressive than Coples last year.

Reason I bring it up is I wanted kueckly first but now i look at it. We could go floyd or gilmore first, and still get a really good LB in the 2nd. Iv seen a couple mocks of us pickin kennan robinson/ronnell lewis.. how are these 2? If we get at least 1 linebacker that can lay big hits ill be happy

I absolutely agree that Buffalo needs an impact, hard hitting, force of a linebacker to go along with it's new D-line. We have 2 linebackers who are quiet and can play - but we don't have a linebacker that is aggressive and can really take over plays, or scare opposing QB's. Clay Mathews comes to mind, or Patrick Willis. We need a force at linebacker to lead this defense, and to really set us up for a complete unit.

I tend to think WR is deeper than linebacker in this draft, and so I'd prefer we get our LB in the first and our WR in the second, unless we go OT in the first, in which case LB in the second round, WR in the third. In either case, we could come out of the draft with a defense that is set up to be dominant for years.

I see alot of kuechly talk, what about the other prospects? Like zach brown, bruce irvin, keeanan robinson, donta hightower, ronnell lewis.. I havent seen much tape/discussion on these guys and would like to get some input from everyone if they have any on these guys. I think the bills HAVE to come away with a power linebacker. Someone who can make BIG hits and cause fear and turn overs, are any of these guys really big hitters? Also they have to be able to cover somewhat imo, but we need some force to be there at the LB position

Mychal Kendricks lit up the combine Pac ten Defensive player of the year. He will drop because he is under 6 feet tall. combine wt 239 under a 4.5 40 with great short shuttle broad jump and high jump numbers He looked like a cornerback in the pass coverage drills.

jps i dont see lB as weakest part of our game, but we have no depth to depend on or rising stars in the rotation. i can see us drafting at least two. but not first round.this is just one more reason i wish cleveland would trade up with us and we could get some more middlin'picks

Other than Kuechly, the top fits for the Bills:

ILB - Hightower, Carder, James-Michael Johnson and Audie Cole

OLB - Lavonte David, Bobby Wagner, Nigel Bradham and Travis Lewis.

I think LB is the weakest position on the team and they should draft 3. I would be pumped if the Bills selected 2 from the above. My favorites are Hightower, Johnson, David and Wagner.

+4 Don't like Cole much but would be jazzed with the others. :thumbsup:

jps i dont see lB as weakest part of our game, but we have no depth to depend on or rising stars in the rotation. i can see us drafting at least two. but not first round.this is just one more reason i wish cleveland would trade up with us and we could get some more middlin'picks

Well our Safety's were our LB's last year seemed. They made so many tackles that normally would be made by a LB, but our Lb's were being blocked. Switch to 4-3 should help our LB's significantly, as one less of them on the field, and with 2 DT's they should be protected good portion of the time and free to make tackles. Think we need an upgrade at atleast one OLB spot if defense is going to be able to stop run consistantly, but just protecting them should make them all look better.

I like 4 that weren't mentioned, or weren't mentioned much.

Ronnell Lewis is more of a OLB34 we think, but if Wannstedt thinks he’s good for OLB43, he’s a RD2 option. He can run and hit. Google Ronnell Lewis big hits. He’s why they won the Stanford game.’ Best bench score on Day1-2. Will be gone in RD2.

Demario Davis: Arkansas State (6-3, 230) SLB. Likely RD3.

•  
  • He jumped out on tape this year and did the same all week in Mobile.
  • tough
  • natural quickness
  • sees the action well
  • “plus” first step. solid pass rush
  • natural range/fluidity in coverage
  • and if he can learn to quiet his feet a bit, he possesses the type of explosive element
  • both the run and pass game
  • some say is a lesser Derrick Brooks

Nigel Bradham OLB Fla. State 6’2” 237 (4.67) 4.64 RD4B

Led FSU with 98 tkl, 5 sacks from outside, great technique, sheds blocks, plays fast, aggressor, sticks in coverage, was going to be the sleeper pick if 40 time improved--It didn’t, so he’s early 4th RD

Terrell Manning OLB NCState 6’3” 225 (4.63) RD5#137Bills-RD5#148 Cincinnati Coming off knee injury and is Big East, so he slips a bit. Size is issue for some teams, but not for us: speed, toughness, production, excellent back to back seasons, good coverage tools, run defense, and blitzing—the sideline to sideline LB type that Wanny is looking for. Fluid hips, sheds blocks well, reads and reacts, good angles to football.

I like 4 that weren't mentioned, or weren't mentioned much.

Ronnell Lewis is more of a OLB34 we think, but if Wannstedt thinks he’s good for OLB43, he’s a RD2 option. He can run and hit. Google Ronnell Lewis big hits. He’s why they won the Stanford game.’ Best bench score on Day1-2. Will be gone in RD2.

Demario Davis: Arkansas State (6-3, 230) SLB. Likely RD3.

•  
  • He jumped out on tape this year and did the same all week in Mobile.
  • tough
  • natural quickness
  • sees the action well
  • “plus” first step. solid pass rush
  • natural range/fluidity in coverage
  • and if he can learn to quiet his feet a bit, he possesses the type of explosive element
  • both the run and pass game
  • some say is a lesser Derrick Brooks

Nigel Bradham OLB Fla. State 6’2” 237 (4.67) 4.64 RD4B

Led FSU with 98 tkl, 5 sacks from outside, great technique, sheds blocks, plays fast, aggressor, sticks in coverage, was going to be the sleeper pick if 40 time improved--It didn’t, so he’s early 4th RD

Terrell Manning OLB NCState 6’3” 225 (4.63) RD5#137Bills-RD5#148 Cincinnati Coming off knee injury and is Big East, so he slips a bit. Size is issue for some teams, but not for us: speed, toughness, production, excellent back to back seasons, good coverage tools, run defense, and blitzing—the sideline to sideline LB type that Wanny is looking for. Fluid hips, sheds blocks well, reads and reacts, good angles to football.

Well Davis wouldnt mind, and really like Manning. Not sure on Bradham, they say he can cover, but not sure he is quick enough to cover at next level. I dont think Lewis fits the system moving too well.

One more sleeper:

Korey Toomer OLB who sat on the sidelines in 2010 and was not considered training camp worthy by NFL scouts prior to the season, performed brilliantly in front of eight teams. The 6-2 Toomer tipped the scales at 236 pounds, then ran 40 times as fast as 4.49 seconds. His three-cone clocked 6.86 seconds, and he completed 20 reps on the bench. Toomer's vertical jump was a story in itself, as the athletic defender reached over the 40-inch maximum of the measuring machine on hand. Scouts decided to credit him with a mark of 41 inches.

Well our Safety's were our LB's last year seemed. They made so many tackles that normally would be made by a LB, but our Lb's were being blocked. Switch to 4-3 should help our LB's significantly, as one less of them on the field, and with 2 DT's they should be protected good portion of the time and free to make tackles. Think we need an upgrade at atleast one OLB spot if defense is going to be able to stop run consistantly, but just protecting them should make them all look better.

Yep, i think the change in defense will do us well. as the big guys up front wreaking whatever they wreak. Havoc mayhem violence disruption confusion and FEAR. Our LBs can just run around laughing and waiting for the victim to pop out. Whack a mole anyone?

I would like to see a pure run stopper line up for us behind Nick though. But we might have that already so as i mentioned i want depth. and mr Bot has mentioned a couple that are on my list!

Ps your point is well taken. I am glad that that B Scott rsigned with us, he has the hybrid skills for nickels although not quite the answer for gronk and hernando yet. to the op, i love the hard hitting LBs. Shepp may be that guy but lets get some more!!

Edited by 3rdand12

Well, maybe the switch to a 4-3 will help. But we didn't accomplish new defensive lows with good linebackers. You may like these guys because they are familiar, but they might not be any good. We need to answer the question "What if Sheppard is just okay...or worse". Right now, the answer is not on the roster. OLB is worse.

+4 Don't like Cole much but would be jazzed with the others. :thumbsup:

I thought he was all over the place in the Senior Bowl and could be had for lower pick. The only one I wonder about is Ronnell Lewis. There are some negative reviews that he just doesn't show up at times. How about Wagner in the 2nd and Carder in the 3rd? Too early?

The good news is there is a lot of quality middle round linebacker talent. I expect at least 3 drafted...we need a zack Thomas type, while our DL looks impressive, I'm afraid the race to the QB will result in running back slashing us to death.

Now c'mon. Even Chan has said that Barnett might have been probowl if we didnt suck. i did watch him play and he was terrific. Yes he missed some but he has great eyes and sideline speed, he also did tackle very well. Our line let so many guys get to the second level and push our backers off, well. any ways i think Barnett will do even better on the weak side and only am looking for a rook to apprentice to him. He started every game played hard. Remember his int against Vick for TD? Sheppard is unproven in my eye, but i defer to Wanny on this. And Morrison has a great track record, we just never needed him once Shepp took the field. Heck we had lost a chance at playoffs so.. put the kids in y'know. Don't discount these outside guys yet. Sheppard as i said is a wait and see because he is going to have a lot on his shoulders for a second year kid!

Edited by 3rdand12

Well, if they LOVE the guys we have, they will not draft 2. We'll see.

Hey what about this guy Wilbur out of Wake Forest...I liked what I read about him.

PFW - Pro Football Weekly’s scouting report on Wilbur says he has “outstanding work habits, plays hard … Willing hitter, crashes hard, intelligent.” On the negative side, the report says Wilbur is “not overly tough, aggressive or physical … struggles handling double team.”

Late round guy.