If We Get In...

He's had a halfway decent season soo far this year with 20 Tds and 2700 Yards..but if buffalo does get into the playoffs, can we expect bledsoe to step it up a notch or to and be a " feared " leader out there? God I sure hope so, ever since that heavily anticipated parade and press conference here in buffalo a couple years ago, where bledsoe focused on getting a championship here, and he's ALMOST there..

I would love to see DB silence all the critics out there, from here and boston and all abroad and show us what he's really made of..Say for instance the colts or chargers or whoever we'd play if we got in, shut down our running game.DB would have to win with his arm..

Bledsoe has played quite a conservative season this year, and its worked well! but in the playoffs game plans change at the drop of a hat..and here I hope bledsoe will be ready to show us, the league, and all the critics that he's not dead yet..and that he can lead a team deep into the playoffs..

thoughts??

We shall see...

Look at the probable Gauntlet to the Super Bowl the Bills have to run

IF we make the playoffs:

at Indy (12-3)

at Pittsburgh (14-1)

at New England (13-2)

;););)

Hopefully we would jump out to big leads & DB wouldn't be put in that situation,

realistically he's going to have to step up in at least one of those games.

Here's hoping for the best! ;)

GO DREW!!!

We shall see...

Look at the probable Gauntlet to the Super Bowl the Bills have to run

IF we make the playoffs:

at Indy (12-3)

at Pittsburgh (14-1)

at New England (13-2)

;)  ;)  ;)

Hopefully we would jump out to big leads & DB wouldn't be put in that situation,

realistically he's going to have to step up in at least one of those games.

Here's hoping for the best! ;)

GO DREW!!!

182858[/snapback]

If that were to happen, that would have to go down as maybe the best SB run ever... even better than the '85 Pats (won @NYJ, @LARaiders, @MIA).

The only thing I ask from Drew is to be able to execute what is asked of him by the coaches. One thing I like this year is that despite the fact that the coaches say "we wnt to be a power running team," we tend to gameplan for each game based on the other team's weakness. The 9ers is a perfect example. Was that a power running game? Not without the success we had through the air. Which takes us back to my original statement. Drew doesn't need to shoulder the load. He simply needs to do whatever the coaches ask of him.

I think that Bledsoe will do well if Clements/MM are good enough coaches to follow the same path with coaching him which has brought him success before.

A key to Parcells working with Bledsoe to create positive outcomes featured him standing behind Bledsoe in practice and any time he locked onto a favorite target and held onto the ball waiting for the receiver to break free, Parcells would yell just throw the damn ball. MM/Clements have apparently replicated this effect by using an alarm clock set to go off four seconds after the hike to help Bledsoe develop hjis internal clock to get rid of the ball.

In the 2001 season, Bledsoe won a must win game for the Pats in the league championship including throwin a TD for the winning score and here he ran an offense which had been powered down for the young Brady rather than depending upon Bledsoe's golden arm to deliver a win. Bledsoe struck me as struggling a bit in that game which might have been because all his teammates had practiced in and were running a non-QB arm dependent offense and he was used to gunslinging, but he proved to be enough of a vet to step up and win with an offense practiced for Brady.

I like how Clements/MM have redesigned our offense to maximize Bledsoe's strengths and minimize his weaknesses. In addition to his extraordinary arm which has made for him throwing some great deep routes to Evans. he has shown the experience he has gained through his career by running some wonderful fakes like taking the flip back from WM after the safeties are sucked in by the handoff and by faking the dive on a 4th and 1 and pitching a lateral out to WM for a TD. Clements has also grasped the fact that just because Bledsoe is definitely better standing and delivering from the the pocket, this does not mean he is incapable of throwing on the run or even running. He was rolling to his right when he hit Evans for a TD last weekend and he has recognized when he can get 5-10 on a QB draw because the LBs have gone wide on the pass rush. The braintrust has reduced the number and the types of audibles that Bledsoe can call which has given him less to sort through and simplified the whole offense for the team,

It looks very much like Bledsoe will do quite well because the offensive braintrust has made a decision that Bledsoe should do less.

Drew doesn't need to shoulder the load. He simply needs to do whatever the coaches ask of him.

182875[/snapback]

Precisely why New England has succeeded the past few years. They are not a specific "type" of team, aside from one that executes a game plan made for a specific team. They play a specific game geared to the opponent. It's one game where you do let the opponent define what you do.

When Mularkey has lost, it has been because of a poor game plan or a poor execution thereof. GW could never adjust that. Looks like MM can.

I for one would love a third shot at NE, but first things first. Let's beat the Steelers.

Precisely why New England has succeeded the past few years.  They are not a specific "type" of team, aside from one that executes a game plan made for a specific team.  They play a specific game geared to the opponent.  It's one game where you do let the opponent define what you do.

182904[/snapback]

You're 100% correct in your Patriot analysis. There's not one area you can point to and say, "Do this, and they can't beat you." That was the case, even pre-Dillon. Now's it even more pronounced. The Jets decided last week that Dillon wasn't going to beat them, and made Brady do it.

I'm really impressed with what Mularkey has done with the Bills. He's really established an identity for Buffalo quickly, and that's not easy to do.