Bills have meeting with Stanford LT Martin

mob16151

The timeline also appears to be that after speaking with him and watching the pro day workout, including the bench press and 40, they invited Martin in for a visit. It couldn't have turned them off that much (it also doesn't mean they like him at 10 either).

Coincidental timing I suspect. The visit was probably lined up weeks ago.

A mediocre pro day is disapointing when were talking about a potential #10 pick. But if there's one thing Buddy has never equivocated on is that on-the-field production, significant starting experience and football smarts is what counts the most.

Martin may still be the guy they've targeted. If so, the only concern I have is that he can handle the extra 30 pounds he's put on and not be a guy like Fina that struggled to maintain his strength/weight throughout his career.

Coincidental timing I suspect. The visit was probably lined up weeks ago.

A mediocre pro day is disapointing when were talking about a potential #10 pick. But if there's one thing Buddy has never equivocated on is that on-the-field production, significant starting experience and football smarts is what counts the most.

Martin may still be the guy they've targeted. If so, the only concern I have is that he can handle the extra 30 pounds he's put on and not be a guy like Fina that struggled to maintain his strength/weight throughout his career.

Well, I'm not sure about the timing. The Bills attended the pro day (obviously they would) but were seen talking to him. Then later that day there are three separate reports of a scheduled visit that I saw, including his hometown newspaper, the mercury news, saying that Martin himself told them he is visiting the Bills in the coming weeks to the writer who was reporting on the pro day. Who knows but I would imagine the Bills told him that yesterday.

Interesting thing to research (the visits to drafted ratio I mean), I'll see if I can dig up any info.

One thing I do know though is that under the Nix regime both of our first rounders (Spiller and Dareus) both came in for a predraft visit. That being said, I would say its very likely one of these visitors end up being our first round pick. I truly dont understand the rabid hatred for Martin here, but I'm going to move on.

Well, FWIW, here's a partial list (20) of last year's pre-draft visitors to One Bills Drive:

(The ones listed in bold visited OBD, but were NOT drafted by Buffalo B-) )

Seven defensive linemen: Da'Quan Bowers, Cameron Jordan, Marcell Dareus, Nick Fairley, J. J. Watt, Robert Quinn, Christian Ballard

Three Quarterbacks: Cam Newton, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder

Five Pass Rushers: Von Miller, Ryan Kerrigan, Justin Houston, Brooks Reed, Bruce Carter

Two Inside Linebackers: Kelvin Sheppard, Quan Sturdivant

One Offensive Tackle: Gabe Carimi

One Center: Colin Baxter

One Cornerback: Patrick Peterson

Now, based on that admittedly small and unscientific sample, I'd have to say that - if anything - a visit to One Bills Drive increases your chances of being drafted by someone else! :beer:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game!" - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :thumbsup:

post-2970-016548000 1332634192_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Senator

I just get tired of guys judging like they know. YouTube plus CBS Sportsline doesn't qualify one to say how workout numbers will affect a propect's draft position. Sorry. It is getting thick around here and it's making me surly.

Fair enough, I was wondering about the........anger lol