YTD 35 Sacks Against

Matt in KC

Since the preseason posts are lost... or at least inaccessible, I thought I'd post a reminder that Stevestojan bet sfladave1 $100 that the Bills would allow more than 40 sacks this year. I got in on the action for $50.

The details were:

Less than 40 Sacks (according to NFL.com) sfladave and I win

More than 40 sacks Stevestojan wins

40 Sacks = Push

Bets payable via Paypal.

While it's still close, I'm feeling pretty good about the Bills giving up 5 or fewer sacks again *gulp* the top ranked defense. At least the Steelers are only eighth in number of sacks (we're 6th).

lol :o  I dont see buffalo giving up 5 sacks for awhile

182016[/snapback]

at least not until either next year or the playoffs should we have to face NE. I hope not, but thats always the way it seems to go. I have a great deal of faith in this team right now though.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, like i told both of the guys involved, i did lose, which sucks, but the worst part is i seemingly lost by ONE sack.

JP Losman was sacked once:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493000

Drew was sacked 38 times:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1041/gamelogs/2004

My one question (and no, I'm not disputing the money owed AT ALL - I already have it set up to be paypaled this week), but I do have to ask:

In the game against arizona, Shane Matthews had 2 negative "rushes". Now, besides just to screw me over, why wouldn't these be considered sacks? I mean, did he just run backwards and out of bounds?

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/4719/gamelogs/2004

WTF is that? Damn you Shane Matthews, damn you!!

Ok, guys, make sure to reply to my two PMs.

In the game against arizona, Shane Matthews had 2 negative "rushes". Now, besides just to screw me over, why wouldn't these be considered sacks?  I mean, did he just run backwards and out of bounds?

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/4719/gamelogs/2004

WTF is that? Damn you Shane Matthews, damn you!!

Ok, guys, make sure to reply to my two PMs.

200447[/snapback]

They were probably QB kneel downs at the end of the game.

Since the preseason posts are lost... or at least inaccessible, I thought I'd post a reminder that Stevestojan bet sfladave1 $100 that the Bills would allow more than 40 sacks this year.  I got in on the action for $50.

The details were:

Less than 40 Sacks (according to NFL.com) sfladave and I win

More than 40 sacks Stevestojan wins

40 Sacks = Push

Bets payable via Paypal.

182011[/snapback]

If I remeber correctly didn't Steve just buy and new truck and then get his home hammered by 3 hurricanes in a row? Why don't you all be men about it and have the poor kid donate $20 bucks per bet to a tsunami relief fund and call it even. Unless of course you live off of unpaid gambling debts. In which case make the m-fer pay up.

If I remeber correctly didn't Steve just buy and new truck and then get his home hammered by 3 hurricanes in a row? Why don't you all be men about it and have the poor kid donate $20 bucks per bet to a tsunami relief fund and call it even. Unless of course you live off of unpaid gambling debts. In which case make the m-fer pay up.

200620[/snapback]

I already gave a nice sum for disaster relief.

I think anyone that can afford to fill their truck's gas tank each week won't feel the $50 payoff too much. If the hurricane's hit him last week, however, I'd tell Steve to hold onto his money.

200620[/snapback]

Thanks, but it's OK... I made the bet, and haven't ever not paid up...

It was a nice close bet.

Anyway, I was only hit by two of the hurricanes. Jeanne and Frances. Frances was the first (and worst).. was without power for about 10 days, and Jeanne was only a couple days. The terrible part is there are STILL some small trailer communities that do not have power... I mean, we're talking MONTHS now...

As far as Tsunami relief, I'll hit that with my income tax return...

As far as Tsunami relief, I'll hit that with my income tax return...

200733[/snapback]

Steve, if you donate to the Tsunami relief now, you can still count it as a deduction on your 2004 taxes (assuming you itemize). You ahve until January 31st to count it towards last year's taxes. This is a one-time only thing though.

Just a heads up in case you (or others) weren't aware.

CW

Steve, if you donate to the Tsunami relief now, you can still count it as a deduction on your 2004 taxes (assuming you itemize).  You ahve until January 31st to count it towards last year's taxes.  This is a one-time only thing though.

Just a heads up in case you (or others) weren't aware.

CW

200788[/snapback]

two problems with that... i don't itemize, and unfortunatly won't be donating enough for it to make any difference.

two problems with that...  i don't itemize, and unfortunatly won't be donating enough for it to make any difference.

200792[/snapback]

The first one is a problem... However the second one isn't; if you itemize, even if you only donate $1, that's still roughly 25 cents extra in your pocket.

CW

Well after the 1st few weeks of the season I was thinking that I made 1 of the dumbest bets ever!

My thanks go out to our OL, Willis and coach McNally! Without them this would never have possible!

FYI Steve has already contacted me regarding payment, he's a stand up guy in my book!